M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I just bought myself a new SA M1A loaded. Can somebody recommend a good place for M1A parts? I like the look of the vented handguards. Also, why don't they make handguards out of aluminum? This seems like it would be a superior material to do the same job. I guess it would be a cost issue. Maybe I can get my bro to make me one.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Vented Handguard

91WMedic,

You might give Orion 7 a try. I got a brand new vented handguard from them at a reasonable price. With Fred's you might have to wait months. He's notoriously slow filling orders.

Darrell

·
Banned
354 Posts
I got mine from Fred's The hand guard looks great but Fred's is SLOW (big time). took over a month

·
Registered
318 Posts
Oxmix said:
Here is a site that offers carbon fiber M14 hand guards.
Hmmm, no advertised price and my email inquiry to the linked hotmail address bounced. The yahoo address didn't bounce, at least not yet.
Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; host mx2.hotmail.com[65.54.252.230] said: 550
Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (in reply to RCPT TO
command)

·
Registered
846 Posts
the guy on br.com named cattelcall was the contact for those. the project seems to be on indefinite hold. the page was last updated april of last year. since i have a pile of Gi handgaurds i sent him mine and when the CF ones become available i have been promised one. i haven't heard a word on this in probably 8 months.

·
Registered
980 Posts
fubar said:
the guy on br.com named cattelcall was the contact for those. the project seems to be on indefinite hold. the page was last updated april of last year. since i have a pile of Gi handgaurds i sent him mine and when the CF ones become available i have been promised one. i haven't heard a word on this in probably 8 months.
Too bad, they sound really cool.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Speaking of handguards, I've got a dozen or so I'm getting ready to refinish.

What colors should I use? I'm thinking a matte black (truck bed liner spray paint - BT did one like that & I really liked it), but am also considering doing a few in gloss black & gloss brown. Any thoughts, suggestions?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.