M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My NM M1A is shooting right. About 6 MOA perhaps. Bugs me because it barely fits in the LOS of my sadlak mount groove. I understand this could be an overtiming issue.

Can anyone recommend a gunsmith in SW virginia? Roanoke area?

Any idea of cost for fixing overtiming or for otherwise straightening the barreled action LOS? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
what the heck is LOS of a Sadlak mount???????
I think he means the line-of-sight groove in his Sadlak mount so he can use his irons. Banshee, two questions. One, did this just happen recently? If it did, did you bump the flash suppressor by any chance? If the flash suppressor is out of alignment, your rounds might be striking it, causing a consistent shift to the right. You might want to check your flash suppressor alignment before sending it in. Cheap fix first. -Lloyd BEERCHUG1

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe i torqued the front irons left when i tightened the castle nut.... boresighter seems happy after i torqued it back. SAI rifle here.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Castel nut hold the flash hider on. flash hider has 3 lugs that line it up with the barrel;
so what you are saying is you applied so much pressure you un timed the barrel????

righty tighty --lefty loosie.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nah, thinking the flash hider and grooves aren't 100% wiggle-free in rotation. Maybe enough movement to rotate the hider with the castle nut.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.