M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i dropped into the ebr. but i made the mistake of playing with that flathead screw on the side of the gas system.

now i can't tell if the barrel is indexed properly or if i turned off the gas. the piston is a bit sluggish. (it was just cleaned oiled and wiped down/carbon removed from cylinder).
it maybe has a vacuum ?

anything i can do to test it other than tilt test?

also if i take that first shot and the rifle doesn't cycle what should i do next to align it?

pic included.

thanks for the help.

ps the gas lock screws on and gets tight at 9 o'clock, it can't be right back around to 6 o'clock without forcing it.(which i don't want to do)

·
Registered
999 Posts
ok i dropped into the ebr. But i made the mistake of playing with that flathead screw on the side of the gas system.

Now i can't tell if the barrel is indexed properly or if i turned off the gas. The piston is a bit sluggish. (it was just cleaned oiled and wiped down/carbon removed from cylinder).
It maybe has a vacuum ?

Anything i can do to test it other than tilt test?

Also if i take that first shot and the rifle doesn't cycle what should i do next to align it?

Pic included.

Thanks for the help.
Ps the gas lock screws on and gets tight at 9 o'clock, it can't be right back around to 6 o'clock without forcing it.(which i don't want to do)

According to the picture the gas is on. Clean oil from piston and reinstall.

It is supposed to be sluggish in a tilt test.

Turn the lock around and try again.

·
Registered
778 Posts
From your picture, the screw is in the right position. The piston should be dry, no oil. tonyben has some great videos on this forum on assembly and dis-assembly of the M-14 I learned quite a bit from watching them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.