M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have asked this question on another forum and seem to get mixed answers. I'm replacing my M1A post ban flash hiders with USGI ones w/ bayonet lug. I have properly installed them with no problem. Is that all there is to it? I see referances to an alignment bar-is it necessary to use such a devise when screwing on the hider with the castle nut/pliers? If so, how is it used. THANKS

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
If it's a GI part, it should work. I'd shoot it. Check the inside after a couple rounds and look for copper streaks. Other than getting crud inbetween the suppressor and the barrel, there is virtually zero that you can do to make it misaligned.

If you can get the alignment gage into the barrel, then the flash suppressor is adequately aligned.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
The flash suppressor alignment tool is just a guage. Once you have the FS installed you insert the guage to see if the FS is on straight or not. If the FS touches the guage then it's out of alignment.

You don't need one to install a FS, but it is nice to have. If your FS is mis-aligned you'll find out when you go to the range & can't hit the broad side of a barn because the bullets are striking the inside of the FS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.