M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I just recently bought a 1991 manufactured Springfield M1A and am interested in finding out about any competitions held in Indiana that I could use this rifle in. Rifle is mostly stock with exceptions of Douglas barrel and trigger work.

Any information would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I would suggest looking for high-power matches in your area. If you are near the south-central part of the state, the Southern Indiana Rifle & Pistol club (http://www.southernindianarifleandpistolclub.com/), near Borden, holds frequent XTC matches and is a great group of folks to shoot with. There are also matches held at Camp Atterbury closer to Indy. I travel a lot, on business, to NW Indiana but not sure of what matches are held around there.

HP matches are dominated by the AR-15s but there is usually one or two of us .30 cal shooters occupying a firing point at each match.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Your M1A should be OK for any service rifle match. If your up north, as I am, there is a nice club alittle north of Ft Wayne (Ft Wayne rifle & revolver) that runs monthly matches. Warsaw rifle pistol also has a monthly match starting in April. Monthly offhand matches through the winter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts