M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I didn't know where to post this but I feel I must warn people/vent my anger.

I recently tried to order a NM M1A from Budsguns. I live in Upstate NY and I know for a fact the M1A is legal here (the gunshop down the street has two for sale). A few days after the order went through I recieved an email back from Buds saying that my rifle couldn't be shipped and that I needed to contact them. When I called I was told by a lady who works there that Buds won't ship my gun (she didn't know why) to me and that my only option was to get a California approved model. I was livid. I said no thanks and asked for my money back. According to the lady on the phone the refund could take up to TWO WEEKS.

After the conversation with the Buds representative I called my local gun shop to see whats up. He said that they had been rejected before too for various other firearms. He also said the reason being was that people had purchased guns online in Upstate NY and then took them to NYC (where the laws are more strict, similar to California) to commit crimes, which caused legal troubles for the online dealer that they got the gun from.

So now most online dealers only ship guns that are legal in NYC to the state of NY, no matter where in the state someone lives. I guess not every online dealer is like this, but I'm here to warn you to check and/or call ahead of time. Buds said they would return the money, but other stores could potentially limit the buyer to an exchange rather than a refund.

This is not intended to bash Buds. This is just a warning to anyone buying a gun online, especially in NY. READ THE FINE PRINT AND CALL AHEAD!

Thanks,
Connor

***UPDATE***
I was able to have it shipped to NY through Tombstone Tactical.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Even if there is something I can get from Buds or CDNN, I won't do business with them based on some of these policies they have. There are lot's of other good companies out there to give you money to. Even better, I try to support my favorite LGS as often as I can as long as their price is reasonable (not necessarily lower) and they can get what I need.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have noticed this NY bias on gunbroker more & more lately as well.

Not limited to the rifle either, also sellers who don't want to sell obvious pre-ban 20rd mags that are stamped with mfg marks that are from companies that ceased to exist years before the AWB was enacted, to NYS at all regardless of proximity to NYC.

sucks for sure.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Its all californias fault...

there you can't buy a new preban mag..

you can never have more mags than you had when the ban came into effect.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Because of Bud's policy, I won't do business with them.

5,445 Posts
Men are outnumbered a little over 2 to 1 by women here in the States... until the male population evens these odds out... liberalism will always have a grasp on American politics and legislation.

Men vote conservative.
Women vote liberal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The silly laws we have to put up with are bad enough, but a lot of this stuff comes from dealers and shooters themselves who seem to imagine laws that don't exist in the real world. Sometimes the "enemy" is us.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I did the same thing last year. There are about five in the local shop last I checked. You are right, completely legal, but they didn't ship mine either. Buds was about 800 cheaper than local. I got my refund in four days.

I look back on it as thankful because I found a member here who sold his Pre Ban for an awesome price I couldn't refuse. All USGI parts too. Keep up the hunt and you will find the right one.

·
Registered
190 Posts
So for grins we bash the NRA too?! Without organizations like them (and GOA, SAF, etc.) this would be a radio controlled helicopter board. M14s would be in museums ... like many of us.

GI8

Get mad. Fight back! Don't bash your friends. Contact them. They can help. Are you a member of any of those organizations? Contact them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ah, the Bloomberg effect. I'd say the dealers are worried about the Fast and Furious affect being played out in New York state.

·
"Death From Above"
11,559 Posts
We are still living in a ban state and the rifle may have had. Bayo lug in it. If it did that would explain why she wouldn't send it. Mine did not have a bayo lug and it's still cleat states on the case not legal for sale in California. I'm assuming because it does not have the trigger or magazine button thingamajig

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I am looking forward to the day I move away from NYS. I don't think I'll live long enough for Albany to become realistic with their ****ty gun laws.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
It's going to take a lot of us in NY to "take out the political trash" and get things headed in the right direction. Probably never going to happen, but it's a nice thought.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Its all californias fault...

there you can't buy a new preban mag..

you can never have more mags than you had when the ban came into effect.
..and how would "they" ever know how may you had? I mean, is there really people in Kalifornia that tell them "I have 10 magazines"?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts