M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another FNG question. As a new M1A owner I am looking for suggestions on books to familiarize myself with my new rifle. I have Scott Duff's M-1 Garand book and am happy with it, so I was thinking about getting his M-14/M1A book. Thanks...

GI2MC1GI2

·
Registered
193 Posts
I own both Duff books ( correction: the M14 Owner's Guide by Duff and Miller[/i] and the M14 Complete Assembly Guide by Kuleck and McKee.) and the Kunhausen (sp?) shop manual.

If you are at all interested in the history of the M14, Collector's Grade Publication's M14 book is good (but may be out of print).

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Good Books

There are many good books on the M14 out there. One of the best for more information than you ever thought you needed to know is Lee Emerson's M14 RIFLE HISTORY AND DEVELOPMENT. This is only available through www.lulu.com.

Other great books are R. Blake Stevens US RIFLE M14 from John Garand to the M21 from Collector Grade Publications and The Last Steel Warrior US M14 RIFLE, by Frank Iannamico.

These three books are a wealth of information on the development of the M14 and all the details that go along with it.

As far as detailed inspection and maintenance I'd recommend The US .30 Caliber Gas Operated Service Rifles - A Shop Manual, by Jerry Kuhnhausen. This is practically a bible for armorers.

There are several other smaller and cheaper books available, but much of the information contained in them should be taken with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I think McKee's M14 Complete Assembly guide is a good one. Lots of good photos.

For more in depth technical discussion get Kuhnhausens 30 Cal Gas Operated Service Rifles Vol 1 & 2. Its one book.

Duffs Match Conditioning book is good too. Photos and diagrams are not all that helpful, but his writing is good...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts