M14 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new stock. I was wondering whats the best stock for the price. what would you recomend. whats the pros and cons. thanks guys.GI2

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Probably a bedded action in a Supermatch heavy stock.

McMillan is also good. Requires bedding IIRC.

I don't care for the modern stocks for LR accuracy b/c they cannot be bedded.

Also do you want to use a sling or a bi-pod??? I cannot stand bi-pods at all and prefer to be slung up tighter than a tick. Modern stocks are not sling friendly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably a bedded action in a Supermatch heavy stock.

McMillan is also good. Requires bedding IIRC.

I don't care for the modern stocks for LR accuracy b/c they cannot be bedded.

Also do you want to use a sling or a bi-pod??? I cannot stand bi-pods at all and prefer to be slung up tighter than a tick. Modern stocks are not sling friendly.

I plan to use a bi-pod. could you let me know what bedding iirc means? are you talking about glass bedding?

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Yes.

If you plan to use a bi-pod than perhaps you could look into the SAGE M14 stocks. That is how I would go. They look the part, perform well, and hold value.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Another option

You might consider a McMillan M2A stock. A modern version of the M14 E2 stock. I have one that I use when I want to shoot long range. Very well made, stabile and very rigid. Just another option for your consideration.

Good luck, and best regards.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,021 Posts
I like the J.A.E.-100 for long range M14/M1As. Requires no bedding, blocks hold in the rear action with bolts way tighter than a trigger group can, adjustable screws to tension in trigger groups, front band tensioner, nice sturdy built in cheek rest, length adjustable, sturdy bottom rail for bipod, quality throughout.
m14brian

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I love the look of my M3A but with the bedding I had to do I would say the JAE would be the best for long range accuracy

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Based on my research the JAE with its adjustable tensioning system is the best performing stock.

I own a sage ebr, and it is accurate, but i have yet to achieve what many have with their jae. i begin load development when the weather gets better so i hope to be posting range reports.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts