M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want one with pedigree for big bucks.
Aftermarket of good quality for a fair price would work.
I don't even know why I want one, I guess because there is a bayonet lug so there needs to be a bayonet?
Does anyone make decent reproduction or is there a source(s) for originals that are in good condition?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Yep PX/BX. I seen one pop up 50$ for the bayonet and sheath. I snagged it. They don't last long. When you see one bite the bullet and buy it.
I got two from here and was not disappointed. You can even find them still in the wrapper. More common than I would have expected.

Reactions: Dougboffl

·
Registered
444 Posts
Make a run through your local pawn shops & keep your eyes peeled. I just picked up a ratty old Imperial M6 bayonet at one of my local pawn shops for $7. It's been sharpened a few times & probably resided in the bottom of someone's toolbox for the last 40 years, but seven bucks.

It's not for sale.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
The last U.S bayonet charge was in the Korean War.
Probably the strongest U.S rifle capable to accept a bayonet was the M1 Garand, the weakest an M1 Carbine and an M14.
I guess if you owned a true NFA M14 a bayonet might round out your high dollar collection.
I have more than one M1 Garand and just for one I collected the correct period bayonet . I still really don't no why ? Owning a bayonet for a M1A / Semi M14, I guess I just don't get it ?
I'm not starting an argument, really just asking a question ?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I don't have one, so I don't know how to identify an M6. Suggestions?
Here's a website that should help:

http://worldbayonets.com/Bayonet_Identification_Guide/m4_thru_m7_series/m4_m7_series_p2.html

M4 through M7 bayos all have pretty similar looking 7" blades & I think they all fit in the M8 or M8A1 scabbard. M5 & M6 have similar handles & attachment latches but the hilt attaches to the barrel differently via stud (M5-Garand) or loop (M6-M14). M6 & M7 hilts both loop around the barrel but have different handles & attachment latches. The M7 hilt loop (M16) flares out to get around the "big" flash suppressor, where the M6 hilt loop doesn't flare out.

Another major clue; look straight down the blade at the hilt, like you're fixing to stab yourself in the eye. You should see the bayonet designation (M6), mfg, & maybe a DAS stamp readable on the hilt.

Note: I'm not a bayonet expert by any means, just have a couple.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.