M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could not believe the turn around time on my m1a that I sent back to SA for bolt roller repair. Less than 2 weeks.

Hope to share a range report later, weather permitting. Only test fired some rounds, seems o.k. . Hard to shoot working 12hr. shifts.

They replaced their SA bolt (headspaced 1.633) with a TRW bolt (headspaced 1.6325). Any comments?

Also, could someone identify this ammo? Green card 20 round box marked 20 pcs, .308 Winchester, (7,62 x 51 mm). Head stamp at top is 308W, bottom is 83, and each side stamped o. Is it safe? corro.?

Thanks, Joe A.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jack,

I bought the ammo from a local gun shop. Next time I'm in there I'll ask where it came from. It wasn't Indian. Shot some of it today and it was fair. My reloads was only fair, too. Loaded 150 Hornady fmj and 748. The gun seems to prefer 165-168's the best. I'll eventually work up a load that it likes. I know the gun will shoot. Hope to find some good surplus locally.

I just picked up National Match upper for my Bushmaster today. Was happy with the way it shot.

Good Shooting, Joe A.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.