1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Cool

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
I read the reviews on this air rifle at Pyramid Air. Out of 42 reviews 38 reviewers loved it, 3 liked it and 1 didn't like it. Damn good if you ask me. The biggest complaint was the plastic stock and light weight. Check out their reviews @ pyramidair.com if your interested.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I saw that in Midway's ads and I wondered about it too. Because anything M-14 usually catches my eye. If I wasn't a poor, struggling, retired cop trying to get by on a meager 30 year police pension and a little dab of social security... Cue up the sad violin music.

I might be tempted to waste some of our scarce funds on one of them just for drill.

But if that mean, straight razor toting wife of mine ever found out that I paid that much for a mere BB gun she'd have my old hide tacked to the barn door.

7th

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Hmm...was looking at the reviews on Amazon yesterday and while it gets a 3.7 out of 5 stars rating, the 1 and 2 star reviewers main complaints were about the cheapness of the plastic and cheap, flimsy barrel that some claimed did not have a steel liner as advertised. Caveat emptor.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
I have had one for about 5 months and I still love it as much as day one. I do plan to get a couple more mags for it. It is very cheap to shoot and is very much fun to do so. I do prefer the center-fire version, but my neighbors do not.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I was reaching for my wallet until I saw the dreaded word "CO2" I'll Pass. but thanks for trying.

·
Registered
431 Posts
+1 on hytekrednek's comments. I've got one and it's great, just don't try to sling up for prone or sitting, lol.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,448 Posts
Cool, Why didn't they have this when I was a kid? Today's kids have everything.
m14brian

·
Registered
38 Posts
Buy one, just don't pay for it with CASH.....use PLASTIC!

Plastic in, plastic out.

GI3

NOT to burst anyone's plastic bubble!

Can you tell I'm havin' fun with this?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I saw that in Midway's ads and I wondered about it too. Because anything M-14 usually catches my eye. If I wasn't a poor, struggling, retired cop trying to get by on a meager 30 year police pension and a little dab of social security... Cue up the sad violin music.

I might be tempted to waste some of our scarce funds on one of them just for drill.

But if that mean, straight razor toting wife of mine ever found out that I paid that much for a mere BB gun she'd have my old hide tacked to the barn door.

7th
Sigh..........seeing my future................USN4

AND my spousal unit is 14 years younger than me and will be the main bread winner when I pull the plug...........

Reactions: Seventh Fleet

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Sigh..........seeing my future................USN4

AND my spousal unit is 14 years younger than me and will be the main bread winner when I pull the plug...........
You are far closer to the truth than you could even imagine. My bride is nine years and a few months younger than myself. I have been retired for ten years now and that darling girl still gets her still shapely younger tail out of the sack every morning and goes off to work to keep Blue Cross insurance on my happily retired butt. I have access to VA medical care due to my military service, as well as part B Medicare. But who in the hades wants to be thrown on the tender mercies of the VA? Especially when suffering with a destroyed heart due to Cardiac Ischemia caused by Agent Orange exposure in the Nam? Not me, and I really appreciate having a first class cardio doc that her Blue Cross insurance provides me with at 71.

Through the years whenever we've talked about my tours of duty in Vietnam or what it was like to come home and become a big city cop back in late 66. She sweetly reminds me that she was still a little ten year old girl in grammar school when I was on my first tour in Vietnam in 1962. It all makes me feel like some kind of Chester the child molestor. LOL

How sweet it is not to be saddled up with some wrinkled old prune who's the same age as me. I must have been doing something right. Because we married when I was 39 and she was 30 and she bore me two fine sons who are now fine, successful grown men with good lives and excellent jobs.

She put up with me being a career cop for all of those years, which as you know, cops have a lousy reputation for remaining faithful and sticking with the same woman for their entire police career. Which I did, because like I told the cops that I hired during my years as the chief of police. There's nothing out there on the street worth jeapardizing what you have waiting on you at home at the end of your shift. I would at times put it in a bit cruder terms when I'd warn them, when I was chewing their tails out behind closed doors. I would remind them that your badge will get you pu$$y, but pu$$y will get your badge and I terminated several for screwing around on duty.

7th

·
Registered
4,415 Posts

7th
This may be why some men will only date tiny little petite women. But, even the smallest of women can lift a bottle of poison or a nice sharp knife. The best option is to just make sure you pick a good one and never piss her off. Besides living longer, you will both live happier too. Or, just sleep in different rooms and put a dead-bolt on your door. A mad wife can be one mean momma. Keep 'em happy fellas!

Oh, also do NOT teach a mean one to shoot. That is just begging for trouble.

I am just kidding for the most part, but a happy wife = a happy life.

I do not understand how the guys with 5 or 6 wives manage to not go crazy trying to keep the piece. Strong men for sure.

I shot my plastic M14 today again. FUN is all I can say. It is not the real thing but it is still much better than watching someone else shoot on TV.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
All joking aside and seriously... My still beautiful, at 62 years of age bride is the very best thing that ever happened to me. Since our marriage she has always been my best friend, lover, and confidant. Which all men can't not say about their wives after being together 32 years.

7th

1 - 15 of 15 Posts