M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am in search of an action for my M1917 build/rebuild. Was recommended to this forum by a friend. I am not particular to any manufacture. Would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

·
Forum Jester
8,204 Posts
keep checking gunbroker

Reactions: Tommo

·
Registered
104 Posts
15 or 20 years ago, I used to frequent a LGS owned by one of the nicest men that I ever had the pleasure of knowing. He allowed me access to the entire shop and gunsmith area. One day I noticed a cardboard box, about the size of a shoe box, under a work bench. I pulled it out, opened the flaps and found myself looking at a half dozen 1917 complete actions.

Those actions were originally made for the British Enfield rifles, were blued and the manufacturer "stamps" were WRA, R.A., and a couple of others. I asked my friend where he had gotten them and he couldn't remember but, did remember buying them for custom builds. He asked me what I thought they were worth and I suggested $300.00 each to start.

He told me to bring them into the retail side and handed me price tags to put on each one and write the "asking price" on them. They were all sold before the end of the week. You just never know what you might find.

I didn't buy one initially but, had intended to do so the next week. You snooze, you loose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts