M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
RIA

RIA usually appears in the top - either RIA/FK or RIA/EB, as well as a couple of other variations. Take another look and see if it's one of those.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Original RIA final acceptance stamp was in script letters, any block letters will be indicative of a clean-and-repair. Procedure with a "rebuild" mark was to stamp it slightly behind the original mark -- if present. These rifles were only produced for a very limited period of time before production was stopped -- the Army had enough rifles -- and Springfield became the sole source until WW1 whe RIA was again active. Barrel date should match the serial number era.

As noted RIA is normally in the top of the box, the inspector's initials below.

I can't find this inspector's initials in any of my references.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1903 stock

It's a rectangle with EAA on top, pretty clear, I think the stock is a RIA stock because of the RI on the front wood below the muzzle, the receiver and barrel are Springfield. Nice rifle, by the way, 1918 double heat treatment receiver and 1927 barrel with a ME gauged at 1.5, parked almost perfect. I got it from CMP several years ago when they had the lottery. It's not a Greek return. I'll keep researching the EAA/RIA, I hadn't seen that one before either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.