M14 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
This is the birch stock that came with my CMP Grade "A" M14 Kit, prior to stripping the old finish and painted rack number, and giving it a rubdown with BLO. It's stamped with an "O" under the buttplate, for Overton, a supplier of replacement stocks under contract to TRW. As a replacement, it lacks the "P" proof stamping and the DAS Eagle.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Here are mine...
THIS IS MY NEWEST ONE - STANDARD IN A USGI BIRCH STOCK

THIS IS MY BABY, MY SOCOM II ALSO IN A USGI BIRCH STOCK

·
Registered
50 Posts

Here is my near new birch stock. I bought it new in the wrap in 1985 for $45. I installed it on a NM SA with all GI parts. I really liked it and shot about a 100 rounds with it. I took it off and played around with different stocks. It sat in the gun safe for a few decades until I decided to put it back on in 2001. Then some random guy at the range offered me $500 for it! I went home took it off, wiped it down and put it on the gun rack in the front room on display.

This is the finsh as I got it. The photos do not do it justice. It is really nice clear wood.

Ken W

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Hi,
A Polytech in a Fred's Big Red stock extended for a tall guy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.