Forum Jester
8,202 Posts
let them know what real weight is

Reactions: ColdWarGrunt

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
The "happy button" is actually a unhappy lock. I'm sure these rifles are shootable. I just wonder if they actually get to shoot them. Seems like they would qualify with the M16.

Unfortunately they are drill rifles. USAFA got them when I was a junior there (circa 2001/2002). When they were initially issued, they were either new or fresh from re-arsenal and beautiful. Those rifles are the reason I own an M1A. Prior to being issued those, we were given rubber duckie M16 to drill with. I wish I was forethinking enough to take some pictures of my rifle, but sadly I didn't and don't remember any specifics about mine.

Small arms aren't a focus in the Air Force. As a cadet I qualified on an M16 (early with no forward assist) and an M9 in basic (summer 99). I later became a Cadet CATM instructor in summer 2002 and due to financial reasons the cadets were only qualifying on the M16 in basic. For the vast majority the only time you will fire a weapon at USAFA is during your time in Basic Cadet Training.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I got 4 of those chrome gas tubes...silver in color. and they are most certainly functional gas tubes. There actually some pics of US Army Rangers in Vietnam sporting M14 rifles w/ chrome gas tubes. I got mine out of NY -company that made many small parts for the M14 during the war.

Reactions: Para Pete
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.