• Pseudo-A5

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • SSSB (Springfield Scout Squad Build)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • TBRLG (Ted Brown Rear Lug Build)

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • GWLA-Winchester Forum Memember Tribute

Votes: 10 31.3%

M14OTQ, Q4 - The beginning of the Holiday Season!

1265 Views 21 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  The Once-Ler
It is ON, and this quarter it is ON TIME!

Watch Hand Analog watch Gesture Clock

A great group of rifles are at the starting line! They are:

1. @anthonypd - The Recycler
2. @Thrashcompactor - Reaper
3. @Beta - Finished
4. @SelectorLock59 - Pseudo-A5
5. @HutchS - Springfield Scout Squad Build
6. @valken - Ted Brown Rear Lug Build
7. @Pappy1600 -
GWLA-Winchester 'Forum Member Tribute'

You are voting for M14 of the 4th quarter –November 2022!

The top two entries are eligible for M14 of the YEAR immediately following, as well as a drawing to pick from the from the MuppetMeat sausage pile, which includes coffee mugs and other random goodies TBD. SO EXCITING.

We have a SUPER uber duber group this quarter. You may only vote once. I tried to make this election more realistic, but you guys just won't have it.

Take your time, peruse the albums or fancy formatted threads, let your buttons get pushed, root for your favorites, ask questions, tell stories about how a rifle reminded you that time in banned camp, or band camp, and above all, don't take it too seriously....

If you vote, and bump the thread with "I voted", and somebody reminds me, all thread participants can guess a number and we can have a drawing from something in the yet as unclaimed mug pile. But you'll have to remind me, most likely, and it's never too late, until it's too late.

" No Man Is Entitled To The Blessings Of Freedom Unless He Be Vigilant In It's Preservation"
-General Douglas MacArthur- (and Pappy1600, M14OTM/Q/Y founder)
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Retired Admin
I lost all my firearms in the Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
22,986 Posts
Number 3 not showing up.

· Registered
2,628 Posts
  • Wow
Reactions: XXIV Corps

· Registered
740 Posts
I did vote; and only in good taste I would not vote for myself. Nice builds all!

Reactions: MuppetMeat4Me

· Registered
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just in case, #3 link is...

· Retired Admin
I lost all my firearms in the Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
22,986 Posts
After finding #3, from a miss direction. I have voted, after showing picture ID on passport with a short line today. Great looking rifles gentlemen.

XXIV Corps

· Registered
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Last quarter of the year, top two qualify for M14 of the year!

The Ted Brown BEAR lug is narrowly in the lead by 1 vote!

Font Rectangle Circle Number Parallel

'Tribute' is on the heels one vote back, and 'The Recycler' right behind, but with the right group of friends, ANY of the contenders still have a shot.

Recruit support for your favorite!

· Registered
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One of the prizes available to the winner of M14 OF THE YEAR, from the 'parts pile', which the top two finishers of each M14OTQ automatically enter, is this knife made by my friend Dave Broughton, former Wyoming (tourist) train robber, now retired in Alabama making art and rebuilding old knives, or building new from blanks.

Tool Utility knife Knife Wood Hunting knife

The epoxy on the edges of wood handle scales of this one could use a little touch up, which I'm happy to do myself if the winner is willing to risk it, or it could be a 'bonding' moment for the winner making it just a little more their own.

It;s a full tang handy, sturdy blade that feels surprisingly natural in the hand given its unique shape.

· Registered
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congratulations to @Pappy1600 for the win with GWLA 'Forum Tribute' and @valken for Ted Brown Rear Lug Build as runner up!

Please PM me for coffee mug selections, and you are both in the M14 of the year 2022 running!

I will get that post up and running, hopefully today. If you need a reminder on mug availability, if you've seen it before, you can have it.

Here are a few examples.... I should get around to putting everything in one album or something organized-like...

Drinkware Tableware Liquid Cup Fluid

There are versions with different rifles, a 'Standard', a 'Scoped Scout', a 'Blackfeather', and thanks to @thehun06, a Scoped and Suppressed Sage EBR. If I don't have what you want on hand, I'll see about getting it made :)

Drinkware Cup Tableware Serveware Font

Get ready! Set, FOR THE YEAR!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts