M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing that the M14 pictures forum is running strong I thought It'd be a good idea to start a thread focused on sharing videos! I share my range trip videos on here every once in awhile and figured I'm not the only one recording my shooting, so I'll start it off.

Here's a video I recently made focusing on nothing but the aesthetics on my M1A NM in an EBR chassis. It is a shooting video but it's only concerned with the looks of the firearm. Enjoy!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVmvluWt97s&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z12tfrypszbafvugd04cfp3ihurvupohoqk0k[/ame]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

Also, if you don't have your own video to share go ahead and post a video that might be your all time favorite M14 video out there!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I will probably have a video up this coming week. Im taking all my m14/m1a rifles out to a day at the range.

·
Banned
844 Posts
Really dumb question here.

Your red hologram sight jumps around, only to stop in place? Didn't know they did that, and I don't understand how it can be repeatable accurate.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really dumb question here.

Your red hologram sight jumps around, only to stop in place? Didn't know they did that, and I don't understand how it can be repeatable accurate.
Yes it does jump around a lot, that's the sight responding to my small movements. My EOTech model has zero parallax. In fact the day I filmed this video I was able to get a 1MOA group at 100yds.

·
Super Moderator
11,100 Posts
My favorite M14 video? Hmm... That's a tough one...

I did just get a Go Pro that I need to break in as well as a JAE that I need to try out too.

Here's one I found of some dude shooting some kind of weird looking M1A a while ago...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3MpCOaH1n0[/ame]

I wonder what ever happened to him...

Tony.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Sweet, can't wait to see the video! What types of M14s do you have?
I have a Standard in a GI Big red Birch, I have a scout in a Doug carlton GI birch, I have a socom in a GI Birch, a National Match in a EBR stock, a polytech m14s in a GI Synthetic, and a LRB rock Sopmod.

My cousin and uncle will also be going with me and my uncle has a Polytech in a wood stock, and my cousin has a Standard. Hopefully other people will be there with their M14's and I can have have them move next to our lanes. Last time I went I had my EBR, Scout, and standard a fellow with a Loaded in a JAE stock and another member with a socom in a VLTOR stock came over to the lanes next to us.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
My favorite M14 video? Hmm... That's a tough one...

I did just get a Go Pro that I need to break in as well as a JAE that I need to try out too.

Here's one I found of some dude shooting some kind of weird looking M1A a while ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3MpCOaH1n0

I wonder what ever happened to him...

Tony.
Sorta looks like that guy on youtube that has numerous videos showing off about how much he knows about M14/M1A's.

He insists on teaching everyone how to properly lube and maintain their rifles in his annoying videos.

Always showing off his new toys just so he can make the rest of us jealous.

Pops up occasionally on that M14 gun forum then disappears.

I believe his name is Tony something, hard to remember it's Ben awhile.USNA

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
a National Match in a EBR stock,
Awesome! I'm curious, what is you set up for the EBR? Mine is a Springfield NM in the EBR chassis as well. All I have don to it is the SEI USCG muzzle break and an EOTech 512 (I know it's not the best for long range shooting but I tend to run and gun with my NM)

I'm always looking to upgrade/toy around with new parts for mine.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I've been watching this guy's M1A stuff lately... the guy can shoot. I love how in the cover video for his youtube channel he says his stuff isn't for terrorists and criminals and they need to go somewhere else, "These videos aren't for you."

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpc3CnLq3ek[/ame]

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Hi,
For the OP.

How do you like that SEI Coast Guard Brake???

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,
For the OP.

How do you like that SEI Coast Guard Brake???
I really like SEI and most of their products, so I bought one of these for my M1A. Unfortunately when I tried it out, I found there to be more muzzle rise and perceived recoil when shooting off hand than with the original flash hider. Plus, it shifted my point of impact +6" at 100 yards. I'm guessing because it wasn't concentric to the bore? In my opinion it didn't work at all, which was a total bummer. Don't buy one.

If you want a good compensator go with a Delta-P adapter and the AR-10 comp of your choosing.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I really like SEI and most of their products, so I bought one of these for my M1A. Unfortunately when I tried it out, I found there to be more muzzle rise and perceived recoil when shooting off hand than with the original flash hider. Plus, it shifted my point of impact +6" at 100 yards. I'm guessing because it wasn't concentric to the bore? In my opinion it didn't work at all, which was a total bummer. Don't buy one.

If you want a good compensator go with a Delta-P adapter and the AR-10 comp of your choosing.
Hi,
Hmm....I've never heard that before???

I think you should send that back to AZ!

http://www.smithenterprise.com/spec/SEI_M14_USCG_MB-1.mpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,
Hmm....I've never heard that before???

I think you should send that back to AZ!

http://www.smithenterprise.com/spec/SEI_M14_USCG_MB-1.mpg
Yep, it looks like it works in the video, but that guy is leaning into it and preparing to hold down some full-auto fire and he's probably not going for accuracy, haha. I was off hand shooting a paper plate nailed to a tree about 100 yards away. I was paying close attention to how the rifle reacted to each shot. I did my testing back to back, first I shot my rifle with the flash hider on, then I swapped it to the comp and shot some more groups. I didn't like how the rifle felt or shot with it on, so I switched back to the flash hider. I just don't think the SEI comp has large enough holes or working baffle area to actually work as a good compensator. Just look at it compared to a JP, or any other good AR-10 comp.

I later sold it to a guy who lives in California so it's serving a purpose nonetheless.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts