M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to put up on my website a short history of the M14 Fiberglass Stocks. It is by no means complete. I consists only of those stock I am familar with; I am sure there are more.

I limited the page only to those stocks I own. Hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are any additions, corrections, or questions.

http://www.billricca.com/bills_test_page_50.htm

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Bill,

I just saw your web page on the Knowledgebase Section and I love the pictures and the information that you provide. You should consider calling this section of your web site, Bill's Library or something!!!

If you took your posts and added them to your "Library"... man that would make an excellent... "go to" page for history and information!!!

I just wanted to drop in and say "Thank You"...

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Thank you very much, Bill! That is very interesting. I have a question. Could the skeletonized pistol grip stock be the M14E1 Type 1 tool room stock that is mentioned in Stevens' book? In his book he states no information was available on the M14E1 Type 1 stock.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could the skeletonized pistol grip stock be the M14E1 Type 1 tool room stock that is mentioned in Stevens' book?
It is possible, however this stock does not collapse, it is a fixed stock, including the buttplate which does not swivel. I haven't read Steven's book in years but if I recall all the M14E1's were attempts to develop a folder. I think you are more current than I am in that project. Maybe you could help. I haven't been able to comfirm anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.