M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Either refinish it or give it to me so I can refinish it. ;)

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha 45R:

Cool pic! A "karma" giveaway would be AWESOME but I would think you should keep it as your presentation stock! Occasionally, you might have need to show your "baby" in wood!

I love my WhamoCamo synthetic stocks (bigtime!), but I have a wood stock for each rifle as well. In fact, I prefer to keep the rifles in wood for day to day use, and keep the WhamoCamo stocks for presentation or pictures! I think this is the case because I can refinish "woodies" but I can't paint like SixTGunr!

And you never know... you might just get yourself another M1A! :lol:

Aloha, Best Wishes and Welcome Aboard!

Tom O.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dighawaii-
The next M1A is next year. Rumor is that SA has a M1A Scout Shorty. Its pretty much going to be a short M14 with a Complex :) I really dig the way my Night Stalker Synthetic matches the Micarta Stocks on my Kimber. Its a good thing I dont take these guns out shooting at night. I'd put them down and they would "disappear" :) Stocks are an addicition, I am already thinking of another creation to have painted.

Kudos to your Chocolate Chip Tactical Stock. It looks great. All your missing is the rail for the Surefire Tactical Lights :)

Take care

45R

Oh and PS about the Karma give away......... I've got a little something something a few people might be interested in.

http://sigforum.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=674608412&f=630601935&m=86660872

·
Banned
611 Posts
Never throw away any M-14 parts. Give them to me.
Seriously though. I just took mine out of the heavy bedded walnut stock and put it back in the birch e-2 stock without the scope. Me and the son are gonna do some long range prairie doggin (Peep sights and cast bullets at 600-700 yards) this weekend and them as issued birch stocks are great target shooters. E-2 or regular. They are very stable and hold a zero. I have never seen one that wasn't broken in half that couldn't be fixed into a shooter. Keep it. I am making a birch stock similar to the military stock for his fal right now and it will be every bit as strong as the plastic junk it is wearing now. FWIW he just cracked the walnut stock I made for him 3 years ago on his 12 ga single shot trap gun. It is fixable but that is the nature of walnut sometimes. Not birch.
Nice rifle BTW!!!!

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Hey 45R:

I posted a picture of a Poly that I was working on, and that is sporting a tactical picatinny rail.

I installed it to try out a new type of bipod. The dang thing worked really well. The Harris is much easier but I love playing with different things.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
45r nice color scheme. Yes the night is full of shadows and that baby would be hard to spot at night. I have what I called a night urban pattern that I sent off to Six.It is a new pattern for him and right now he is so busy with his normal patterns. One of these days when and if he ever slows down I may get a suprise visit from the BBT :p

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Steve-
I named my stock the "Night Stalker". I was inspired by the dark tiger stripe patterns on one of Quagmires wood stocks and a knive that I saw. I thought an evening pattern would be really neat. :)When your NU stock gets painted post some pictures. I would love to see some side by sides. I just got ahold of a tripod. So the picture taking will start soon :)

Best

45R

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
No worries on the pictures 45R. It will probaly be a while :cry: Six is busyer than a three peckered goat. Since it is a new pattern or more over it a new color scheme. He want to get it right and for that I am willing to wait. :p

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Steve-
On of the best things about doing a new project is the wait. I dont know how to explain it but its really something special to have something created just for you. :)

Take care

45R

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Hi 45R:

I'll bet SteveK has tons of experience with "savoring" the taste of waiting... I didn't see too many of his rifles as "off the shelf"! They all looked like "exotic custom firearms" to me. I'll also bet the Gunsmiths love to hear the phone jingle with Steve on the other side... :lol:

Yes, the wait needs to be savored... but I like things to hurry up before the savoring turns sour... hehehe :lol:

Have a good one everyone...

Aloha,

Tom O.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.