M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,116 Posts
That looks great! I could really see something like that being used by Bonnie and Clyde, if it were available to them at the time, or a WWII paratrooper.

Tony.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Here's my SOCOM II
Upgrades include:
SEI Good Irons muzzle break.
NM front sight
Sadlak NM spring guide
Sadlak NM Gas Piston
Tubbs CS spring
Ultimak Rail
Fred's Big Red Birch Stock
Versapod rail/sling swivel section

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
I Saw this post -> And I had to share the SOCOM pic below that was sent to me earlier this week from a forum member! He just received this Winchester "Big Red" that I refinished [along with the vented handguard]. It's nice to get a pic back after the stock refinish to see it all put together! This was a brute of a stock! Hope you don't mind me sharing the pic but it is a nice rifle!

SOCOM all locked up! It lives in Texas now!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I always like to look a pictures (or the real thing) of one of my favorite long guns. Thank you for sharing.

I thought the Tanker 26 was short until I saw the SOCOM 16. While my T-26 has Walnut Stocks and my SOCOM is dressed with Synthetic Stocks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
That looks great! I could really see something like that being used by Bonnie and Clyde, if it were available to them at the time, or a WWII paratrooper.

Tony.
It would have been pretty much like their M1 Carbine except with some good ole stopping power!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The Socom reminds me of a early German Panzer 4 with it's short barrel 75mm gun verses a standard length M14 being the latter Panzer 4 with a long barrel high velocity 75mm gun. I know which one I would be riding in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
mbrokaw, that is about the perfect set up for a SOCOM in my old eyes. Wood stock, short rail underneath for MAYBE a QD bipod or light, and the simple rail on top. I want a setup like that one day, but my Bush Rifles keep me happy for now. I do like the SA scout rail, but so many seem to remove them for longer versions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts