M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have an A.R.M.S. #18 mount I think it performs flawlessly. The low profile is nice (to some), I like the way it does not stick out too much above the receiver, it hugs the receiver just right and looks more streamline.

I have never had any issue with brass catching in it at all, but mine is custom, not a production built rifle.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
+1 on the ARMS18... I'm running two with no problems.
1st on a Scout with perfect alignment from the start. Swapped the extractor but may not have had to.
2nd on a standard with factory extractor and runs just fine. It has a tilt however that actually helps with long shooting if ever needed to really crank the crosshairs as it has six clicks from the upper end.

On both, I've swapped out optics and the ARMS22 QD rings bring it home pretty close every time. Good enough for 300 which is my personal limit for hunting. For plinking, I just had the pleasure to do some 600 yard blasting on a 2 foot rock while with my buds. Many hits with scope and red dot interchanging a few times to share the fun. Very pleased with my setup.

Good luck with your search!! BEERCHUG1

·
Super Moderator
11,621 Posts
Personally...

I like the Bassett for what it is advertized as; a mount that is robust, repeatable and can be easily removed and reinstalled with little or no shift in zero. I consider it the perfect mounting solution for those that want a rifle that can be switched from irons to scope on demand if the end user doesn't wish to have the scope installed when using irons.

For a more permanent solution on a rifle set up as a dedicated scoped rifle, I would consider the M25 receiver, the Sadlak ARMS or the SEI scope mounting solution. I would rate the M25 as the best solution with the Sadlak and SEI the most trouble free and the ARMS the best to achieve the lowest mounting possible of the 3 that can be removed. For this role, I would almost consider removing the rear sight entirely both to save weight and to have the lowest possible mounting solution for a scope without interference from the rear sight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought a Basset and although I dont have the mount in my hand yet I got the best customer service anywhere I have ever purchased.
Mr. Basset personally talked with me about 20 minutes to assure me I was getting the best scope mount for my application. He also assured me that if I ever have an issue with my scope mount he will take care of it ASAP.
You don't see customer service like that anymore.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Has basset ever been used in the military? Would it be durable enough in that application given it's single mounting point? I was always curious about this, given the rave reviews I see of it around. Or maybe it was developed too late in the game for the military to inquire about it? I'm can't recall when they came about.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can tell you what not to use. Springfield Armory mount. It lasted 8 rounds before coming loose and shearing off the little guide key on the back. The mount was professionally installed by a former marine armorer with loctite. He told me it wasn't a matter of if it would fail, but when. None the less I bought one. Today it came loose after 8 rounds while trying to zero the new scope.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Here are pix of my ARMS set up (ARMS scope mount #18 and 30mm scope rings #22) with the Leatherwood CMR (temporary scope till I can fund a higher power scope).

It works well for me minus a nice scope... hope this helps BEERCHUG1

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Pics from Iraq and Afghanistan show several different commercial mounts. Including the latest generation (2 knob) SAInc and the ARMS . I've even heard many mounts are tac-welded to the receivers.

Yes , the first generation Springfield mounts (1 knob) were junk. Got one free with my rifle and it didn't last the first range session.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Bassett & Armscorp receiver

I bought a Bassett low picatinny for my Armscorp M14 last spring. Problem I had was at 100yds was one shot high (1 1/2") and one shot low (1 1/2") repeatedly. At 400 yds they were 8" high and 8" low from point of aim.

Scope M1 Leupold 4.5x14 Leupold rings.

Took the scope off and mounted it on my Savage 10FCP-HS and shot bughole groups at 100yds>>>went to 400 yds and, with comeups, shot steel. Bang on! Went back to 100yds and groups right at POA. So it's not the scope.

Emailed Bassett and Romi's reply was that this is common to Armscorp receivers. The groove is larger, so the scopemount will rock some causing vertical displacement. They offered to take my old mount back and replace it with a special Armscorp mount with larger pins. Of course it is a bit more $, but they also said they guarantee my satisfaction or a refund will be in order.
Great service...gonna send the orginal back and get the new one.

Just an FYI for Armscorp M14 owners.

·
Registered
48 Posts
+1 on Sadlak. It looks great, held the zero (once i got it right :) through the 40+ rounds yesterday. Was punchin water jugs at 300+ yards. True test will be if it holds between range sessions. Thus far, its an awesome performer. Looks pretty cool too. Cause that's what's really important, we all know that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.