M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
This is a magnificent job. I can appreciate the amount of time, effort, and expense in a project like this. All board members are encouraged to read this document, it will provide a greater understanding about what went on, and it will also demonstrate the amount of effort needed.

This work is so good, I will provide a special link in the Library Section. It is well deserved. Thank you Lee.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Why can't I read the articles? :( Everything under "Articles" shows up as white links that I can't access. The Gallery and Links sections show up in yellow and I can access those.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
M14 Rifle History and Development Published

Different,

Very nice work! Thank you. Haven't got all the way through it yet, but it's quite the accomplishment. Kudos!

Liftrat22

·
Registered
980 Posts
Different said:
TEA, refresh your view of the web site. The link is live to the entire Word document. :D
Done. Just got done spending most of my day reading it. :D Looks awesome! 8O :p

·
Registered
590 Posts
The absolute best 282 KB file on my Palm Pilot! :D

Wonderful job, Sir! This exemplifies what my professor in grad school used to say about the description of the perfect essay question (from his sadistic point of view) -

"Describe the Universe. Be complete, yet concise."

You, Sir, have done a complete, yet concise job of describing OUR universe here in this forum. Thanks again.

flcracker

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
Thank you Different, that was way above & beyond. I will back this artice up on disk for sure. Somehow an atta boy just don't cut it with all the hours and work you put into this project. Your the man 8) .

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, XLIV. I've added Forrest Gump (1994) to the list of movies to the credits of the M14. I found out that the M76 grenade launcher was packaged one to a cardboard tube. I also learned what the part number is for a medium weight USGI NM barrel. Those tidbits will appear in the next update.

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
Finally just had a chance to read. Very well done. Different I sent off my DMR build to Ron last week should have it today. I asked Ron if he was familiar with the OPS military brake. He was not but said he could figure it out once he sees it. I told him its a two part system the brake( which has the thread protector that covers the threads for the silencer) and a sleeve that slips over the barrel behind the break. Not sure what the the sleave does but I think it has somthing to do with the timeing what ever that means but I am sure Ron will let me know when he calls. It is a very unique brake and cant wait to see it on my build. Dont worry pictures will be posted when I get it back.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.