M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read through all eighty-six American Rifleman articles on the M14 rifle and 7.62 mm NATO ammunition that appeared between January, 1950 and December, 2002. I've squeezed every last tid bit and factoid out of them ( references duly cited in the Bibliography ) and put them in the master copy of M14 Rifle History and Development. You can now sell your back issues on eBay now. :lol:

The manuscript is now at 72,622 words or about 240 paper back book pages by SWAG. I hope to meet with a very heavy hitter and one of the book reviewers during the third week of January. I'm touring the collections storage area of the Springfield Armory Nationa Historic Site with a stated interest on the M14 rifle on January 29, 2005. The manuscript is going to the publisher the first week of February, 2005. 8)

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SR420 said:
Different said:
I'm touring the collections storage area of the Springfield Armory Nationa Historic Site with a stated interest on the M14 rifle on January 29, 2005. The manuscript is going to the publisher the first week of February, 2005. 8)
With camera in hand - yes?
Of course, it will be a digital camera no less. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
824 Posts
When can I do the final download?

Lee I must commend you on your extensive additions to the "on line book" soon to come to print. Do you think this will be the final one as I have downloaded it I think three times already, just joking. Also when it goes into print wil the book be taken off line?

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: When can I do the final download?

bluedsteelnwood said:
Lee I must commend you on your extensive additions to the "on line book" soon to come to print. Do you think this will be the final one as I have downloaded it I think three times already, just joking. Also when it goes into print wil the book be taken off line?
Those are excellent questions. To be honest, I'm probably too trusting for my own good. I've been advised by two men with many years in the firearm business to not leave the book version posted at www.imageseek.com/m1a There's been many times in my life when someone has given me excellent advice. I may not have had enough brains to think of it but I had enough sense to accept it. This is one of those times.

So, I'm thinking the 12/28/04 version will probably be the last version to be posted at www.imageseek.com/m1a I've already made substantial additions since 12/28/04. What I learn during the third and fourth weeks of this month will also be added to the book. It will go to the publisher the first week of February. I think what's posted at www.imageseek.com/m1a is helpful enough for those who can't or won't buy the book. As far as things stand now, what's posted on my web site will stay there when the book comes out. But there will be quite a bit more in the book so that it's worth buying. Like I was told, I have to protect myself against theft.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.