M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this M14 Rear Sight for the AR-15 today and spoke to the owner. I thought it is very interesting. Some of you guys might like it.

Here are some pictures:

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Hi George,

That is really cool and shows that someone thinks that the M14/Garand type sights are the best around... That is a lot of trouble that someone went through to make that, I bet.

But it doesn't make sense to me on why someone would make such a thing... Hmmm... Maybe it's just me...

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He said he's making one for the Mini-14 as well.

I don't know why or how much better it is but I do like the M14 sights better than the AR.

·
Registered
846 Posts
what will they think of next.

maybe a conversion kit for the AR to turn it into an M14?

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got some more pictures of the Remy 700 version mounted. It doesn't look half bad on the Remy 700 considering the rear sight is designed for the m14.....it's a little strange but I think I can get used to it.

Here is a picture of the Globe type front sight. He said he's got the M14 Front Sight version but it's in the shop so he couldn't take pictures of it yet.

Now I wonder if there is a way to lets say mount this on a Smith or Badger one piece scope mount and still have the room to mount the scope. Maybe "see-thru" high rings so you can use both iron and scope at the same time. Might look funny but I've always wanted an back-up iron sight on my Remy.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Interesting concept, don't look bad on the 700 at all. Any improvement on the Mini-14 rear sight would be a blessing.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is a thought.......I wonder if he can add the Stripper Clip Guide back on that Rear Sight assembly and still make it work on the Remy 700? That would be cool to have it it works.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mini-14?

I plan on getting another mini-14 because I want to keep my collection with similar action/receiver, etc...Owned a couple mini's before and found them robust and reliable but with the one draw-back of lousy sights. I don't need it to be match grade but would at least want it to be as accurate as a AR-15. This guy has done what I was thinking about trying to do myself. Could I get his name, web address, e-mail, phone number or something? I understand if you don't want to post that info on the web. My e-mail is listed with my profile if you could send it there. Thanks!

- Gunny101157

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the info!

Thanks! I'll be in touch with him. As I mentioned, I want to keep my weapons in the Garand family with a couple exceptions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I converted a M1 carbine sight to fit my mini 30.Work's great ! I never did bother to scope it after that. I did drill the peep a little bigger though.More of a ghost ring now.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Carbine Sight

I had a carbine sight on a Mini-14 once. Matter of fact I still have the sight on my bookshelve. It's okay but I wanted micrometer clicks. I ended up putting a butt pad on because I prefer wood stocks and as you know, the factory stock is too short for a proper cheek weld. I put a M-14 style flash suppressor/front sight on from Choate and I put a micrometer sight from Williams Gunsight. If anybody is interested they make one specifically for the Mini-14. I actually had a stainless Ranch Model. The sight that will fit that is the model 11-87. I ordered it with target knobs also. I had to sell the gun when I was strapped for cash. The gunshop owner wanted me to bring the original stuff I had taken off the gun in so he could convert it back. He didn't think anybody would want one modified like that. :roll: In the meantime he put it on the shelf till I could come back with the stuff. I later talked to a guy who works there. He told me it was sold within 30 minutes of my walking out the door! :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts