M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used to be that it was easy to find an M14 parts kits if you wanted to have a rifle built, now they seem to be scarcer than hen's teeth! Would anyone happen to know a good source / place for quality M14 parts kits these days? They MUST still exist SOMEWHERE!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
They are listed under surplus part on E-Store, they are not listed on the sales page.

$600 Kit less Barrel, Bolt & Reciever. last word was about 130 left.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The CMP kits are worth looking into. I just finished completing my build with a CMP kit and couldn't be happier. I was hoping for a TRW kit and that's what I got, minus a HR hammer. Just needed a re-parking and it was good to go.

·
Registered
229 Posts
How are the LRB kits? I won't have the chance to become eligible for CMP, but would like to start getting spare parts for my rifle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Darren,

I ordered an LRB kit that should be here in a few days. I'll post what I find. They are sold no return, no refund so there's more risk than the CMP where they'll replace stuff that is unservicable. However, I decided to give LRB an opportunity since I hadn't done business with them before and felt this was a good chance, albeit an expensive one.

Warmest regards,
Rob

How are the LRB kits? I won't have the chance to become eligible for CMP, but would like to start getting spare parts for my rifle.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The CMP kits are worth looking into. I just finished completing my build with a CMP kit and couldn't be happier. I was hoping for a TRW kit and that's what I got, minus a HR hammer. Just needed a re-parking and it was good to go.
I'm probably going to stop into Perry this week and pick up one of their kits. What made you decide to re-park your kit? It'll probably take me a little bit to inspect all the parts, but was curious about doing a re-park job. What are the advantages to it?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Some parts can have a lot of finish wear. My CMP kit came with a FS with very little finish and lots of very fine surface rust. I'm going to have it reamed and refinished, so not a problem for me. My op rod also has some finish wear and I'll have it redone as well. Some of the other parts I may have redone so the whole rifle looks good.

Some folks want original finish, some want the parts to look new (and match), some want the parts to have an "experienced" look. Each to their own. I have some of each (no rust!) and like them all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts