M14 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a nylon sling for my M1A. The one I want is quite a bit longer than the standard cotton web sling I have now. The one I'm looking for looks GI but I can't be sure. It looks like the one the Navy Seals use on their 14's. Is it the standard nylon sling, and its simply longer than the cotton web sling, or is it for the E-2 with the excess hardware removed? :?:

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
It is most likely the E-2 sling with extra hardware removed. I know they are longer than the standard M-14 sling.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Boomerrick:

I just bought a 1.24" wide black cotton AR-15 sling from Cheaperthandirt and it is a bit longer than the standard M14 sling and it has metal that looks like captain bars on both ends. No metal clip at one end.

I like this better. The metal clip has dinged my stock and this one does not. And it looks good.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
It just occurred to me....Nylon....why would you want nylon? In Vietnam I believe the nylon sling was what they called the "widow maker". not sure though, but I'm sure some of the Vets that were "in Country" will let us know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.