M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had picked up this complete Fulton Barreled receiver some months back and threw it in a wood GI stock. Finally tried to shoot it today and it won't extract at all and have to mortar the cases out. Two kinds of factory ammo, Winchester M80 ball and Saltech M80 ball. When I try to put the spent case back they don't fit in nice like a fresh loaded round and resist before they should bottom out. Trying to locate headspace gauges.

Yes the gun is lubed. Win showed no pressure signs. The Saltech primers were flattened some.

Any ideas what would cause this? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
Did you give the chamber a really, really, really good scrubbing?

I didn't give my 2012 Scout any scrubbing before going to the range.

First new rifle I ever bought.

New in the box should be good and clean, right?

Wrong.

After a lousy, disappointing first range trip, I found this site.

Followed instructions I received, all smiles next trip.

Clean the chamber.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Make sure the piston is not frozen solid in the gas tube. You should hear the piston drop slow when you retract the op rod/bolt. As above - make sure the gas ports are clear and spindle in correct position.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Make sure the piston is not frozen solid in the gas tube. You should hear the piston drop slow when you retract the op rod/bolt. As above - make sure the gas ports are clear and spindle in correct position.
Damn the spindle is on off it looks like(slot horizontal). lol.

The piston is moving so it should be fine if I set it to on(vertical)

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
oh..darn pilot-error again. 😁 Give her a good scrub/lube..and another trip to the range. Enjoy!

It is rare for Fultons to have malfunctions.

Reactions: Tommo
1 - 9 of 9 Posts