M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently cleaned out a couple of footlockers and a duffle bag that I had laying around the workshop for about 10 yrs or so. Amongst my belongings I had an old cotton/canvas magazine belt filled with 20 rd M14 magazines from my days as a Designated Marksman. Out of the 12 magazines 4 had markings which are HR-R, BRW S-1, KMT, and R. I know the manfucturerer's of the marked ones except the R marked one. Any idea of this manufacturer?

Also the magazine belt has some markings: US on both front shoulder straps, and some verbage on the belt portion:
BELT, MAGAZINE
M-1937
74-B-240
CONCORD -1951
It has six pouches on each side, holds 2 magazines each. I assume based on the date that this maybe an M1 or BAR magazine belt but was still issued in the mid 80s to me.

Thanks for any help you may offer.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
And Still Yet Would you please post a Picture of the "R" magazine Please

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you post pictures of the belt, its markings and the pouches?
Bill, I pulled the belt out and layed it out for some pictures, I can see that there are US markings on both shoulder straps in addition to having some sort of markings under each. To film the manufacturer's marking I cut a few stitches free, which revealed that there is a B.A.R. after the MAGAZINE. So maybe it is a BAR Ammo Belt?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After a closer inspection of the magazines I found two more that are BRW S-I marked, all three have the markings upside down.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
After a closer inspection of the magazines I found two more that are BRW S-I marked, all three have the markings upside down.
BRW S-I= Borg Warner, Spring Div.
I have seen them marked Upside Down, Sideways and Normal, they are all Legit GI,The BRW S1s are CMI Bodies and marked that way for unknown Reasons, but they work!GI3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts