M14 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I have to go with God! My Right Thumb works great!
I know you wanted to know about a mechanical loader but unless you are charging a lot of mags hand loading is free and easy.
Don't forget stripper clips and a Spoon! That would be my # 2 answer.

I used a Loader for the 9MM M9 but I was loading 15 rounds in 30 or 40 mags at a time the little Bullets hurt after a while.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
I have tried most of these so called speed loaders and they all give me more problems then there worth. Every from USGI spoons to the plastic strip lula. The ammo goes in the mags **** eyed and jams them up. God gave us thumbs for one reason to load magazines!DI2

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I have Lula loaders for AK, AR, M1A and pistol (Lula owned now by Bear Creek I think)
They work and they are easy - except the Lula pistol loader skip it and use a Glock type. Can use Lula for down/off loading the mags when finished at the range - very fast. I don't know of any others that down/off load other than the Lulas.
About $25 each

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Love loading my M14 mags.... it's kind of like foreplay.
I am glad you said that because because I feel the same way GI2
I was afraid i was the only one GI3

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I agree about the fingers... but the LULA loader will save your wits if you have 100+ to load.

And using one to unload the mag is great.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. Now I have to decide if I want a loader or not. For 1 or 2 mags, I can use my thumb, but I'm looking for ease of loading, so I'm thinking the loader would be better.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I agree about the fingers... but the LULA loader will save your wits if you have 100+ to load.

And using one to unload the mag is great.
I wish I had 100 Rounds at any one time LOL. Some day I will have 1000! But for now I just bring 50 to the range and load 5 at a time GI1

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Reactions: SGT John SWF

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I don't need a mag loader myself but I bought a few of the Lula loaders to put in with my ammo cans anyway. I use them sometimes when I'm loading more than a few mags and I like them. I really bought them for my support team though (my kids and wife), so they could re-load for me in a pinch. Guess what? Even my 4 yr old daughter mastered it on the first mag so yeah I like them enough.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I have Lula loaders for AK, AR, M1A and pistol (Lula owned now by Bear Creek I think)
They work and they are easy - except the Lula pistol loader skip it and use a Glock type. Can use Lula for down/off loading the mags when finished at the range - very fast. I don't know of any others that down/off load other than the Lulas.
About $25 each
Same here (but no AK), except I find that the pistol UPLULA is the most useful of all the loaders, especially on tight Glock magazines.

I don't NEED the M14 or AR loaders, but when you do a lot of magazines, you do notice the difference.

Reactions: Bgrafsr

·
Registered
114 Posts
Another vote for the Uplula pistol loader. It's mandatory for my M9 9mm at the range. I take about 500 rounds of 9mm when I go to shoot the M9 and it's a real bear trying to load those mags with my fingers. They used to be so sore I didn't want to shoot all the ammo I took with me.

And yeah for the M14 it's strippers and a spoon.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Must admit, I do use my M14LULA on my Mags
I can load a full twenty Round Mag in just under 30 seconds
Jsut as fast as I can toggle the Lever

The UpLULA is a must for any Pistol Shooter....BUT
I mod the standard UpLULA so it fit and loads 22 Mags also
Now my UpLULA Loader will load most any Magazine 22 thru 45, Single and Double
One Loader does (most) all
Here are a couple Videos of my UpLULA Loader Mods in action:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSulEl7tHEc[/ame]