M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M14/M1A Support Hand Positions....specific to NRA HP and M1A matches (No hasty slings, sticks, etc.)

I'm playing my Mac stocked M1A at home, but having some fun with my support hand.

Arms are too long to tuck it between the mag & trigger guard. So I settle for a balled fist in front of the mag, and it works pretty well.

What do YOU use? Anyone use the mag as support? Lets hear them?

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
A picture it worth a thousand words...

When I'm not wearing a suppport hand glove.

Reactions: Roadkingtrax

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Roadkingtrax.

One of our TSRA shooters posted this video. The shooting position may not be ideal for you since I am on the opposite of the spectrum from you, I am short and have short arms. This is how I do it.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWRLXrc7MK8[/ame]

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Short is relative, I have a 35" sleeve for dress shirts. 6 1"...so a basic 250lb guy. :) My arms are short relative to my body.

How do you like hanging the rifle on the thumb and chest?

I'm just getting used to the weight of the match rifle. Along with taking a hard look at my trigger finger placement (moving it closer to the crease).

Thank you for the video, you may recognize one of these guys.

The "30 Cal Gal", http://www.30calgal.com/

·
Registered
532 Posts
I do what .30 cal gal does and Tony. I reverse my hand and make a U out of it and pull back against the mag. My right hand is relaxed grabbing the wrist of the stock and elbow pointing down. I pull back onto the mag until I get a slight shake then back off until no more shake. I found this works for me and I don't spend more than 5-8 seconds on target if I don't have it. I stop and start over again and after looking at Bamban video He does it same way I do except a whole lot betterRNGR1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts