M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sittin here thinkin' to myself .....

Oh boy! Here we go again ... :roll:

Not really ... But with the high cost of good USGI mags out there I was sittin' here a wonderin' to myself as to just what the cost would be to produce one of these puppies in a good sized quantity order ...

I realize that there is a lot to take into consideration here as to the costs of various sheet steel ... spring steel ... overhead costs and that as in most cases : "The more you make the cheaper the cost"

I mean lets face it folks ... The name of the game in most businesses basically is to make money right?

But I have always been one that to me (and you can believe what you will about me on this) money is certainly not everything today. If it were ..... I can guarantee you I would be charging $200 plus per camo stock as opposed to what I do charge for the work involved.

Anyway ...

I was just wondering what the "mark up" could possibly be on these things as there actually is not much to them when your holding it in your hand and gaulking at it .... right?

Maybe I should check with some of my local machinists and see what they have to say about these puppies ...

Just thinking was all here ..... :roll:

Six

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not a bad idea! Don't forget to send a ship load to the Netherlands, because the M14 mag's are the most expensive avaible here!!! And, don't use that thin metal other companies used to lower the cost!
Don't you know a friend with a metal company???

Greets,

Roger

·
Registered
846 Posts
it can't be more than a few dollars six. i think the bulk LEO price for new manufacture M16 mags is around $8 - $10. all the cost would be in your inital start up with your stamping dies, park tanks and the like.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you checked with check maste industries ?

They were supposed to have been the contractor who made the mags for the desert storm contract . By the way this is just my opinion but someone is making a very good M14 magazine clone in the Armalite AR10 series . These are post ban , so I wonder who is the one making them ? Just a thought to ponder ? :roll: Mike

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha...

That is really an interesting prospect. And the guys making AR10 mags should be able to whip out M14 mags just the same...

Hmmm...

What a thought...

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
846 Posts
the desert storm and 95-96 contract were both by Checkmate Industries. they also made beretta mags under contract.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where are they (Checkmate) out of fubar ... ???

Any idea ... ?

Thanks

Six

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow. They post the following part:

M-14 Handgun Magazine Assembly 1005-00-628-9048 7790183

That's their listing, not mine. Part numbers and everything. Must still make 'em!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Sorry to rain on this but aren't magazines with capacity greater than 10 rounds illegal to manufacture in the current state of affairs? Now when the AWB dies I think that dies with it but for now, I think its still against the law

·
Registered
434 Posts
Bigchoad said:
Sorry to rain on this but aren't magazines with capacity greater than 10 rounds illegal to manufacture in the current state of affairs? Now when the AWB dies I think that dies with it but for now, I think its still against the law
They can make them, but they have to mark them for LEO use only and only sell to gov't. We poor peons aren't worthy...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts