M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have everything to build the rifle. Well I will have the receiver in 11 days. Its a mix of parts all usgi but the barrel from lrb. The receiver is also a lrb. I got the parts kit from cmp and everything will be ready to build.

I need it built in to a full working rifle, what I would like is someone in state/ local. I can always send it some place out of state if nothing works out.

I did a search and didnt see anything for my area, please post other areas/states.

I'm in southern California Ventura/ Los Angles area.

please post you info

thanks
brad

·
Registered
361 Posts
Welcome Aboard!

Worthan's Gun Works in Camarillo did some work for me on my 1911, and when I went to pick it he had a few long gun on his work bench.

If you want his cell number PM me.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
846 Posts
I know that you said local, but I live in San Diego and I have had Jon Wolfe of M-14parts.com build a couple of rifles for me and I will be sending my latest receiver and parts to him this week. He does amazing work and communicates very well with you during your build.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I know that you said local, but I live in San Diego and I have had Jon Wolfe of M-14parts.com build a couple of rifles for me and I will be sending my latest receiver and parts to him this week. He does amazing work and communicates very well with you during your build.
Jon Wolfe is great, or you can look just a little bit north and talk to Ted Brown, in southern Oregon. He's first class as well. I've done business with both gentlemen, they're good to go.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have everything to build the rifle. Well I will have the receiver in 11 days. Its a mix of parts all usgi but the barrel from lrb. The receiver is also a lrb. I got the parts kit from cmp and everything will be ready to build.

I need it built in to a full working rifle, what I would like is someone in state/ local. I can always send it some place out of state if nothing works out.

I did a search and didnt see anything for my area, please post other areas/states.

I've been building M1As since 75. In SoCal you can't use the USGI flash suppressor, nor can you use the 20 magazines. Hell, in 75 I had to hand make a Action wrench and barrel vise. Easy to get those these days. Where are you? *IF* you hold off to mid year, you'll see how to build these in print. Yep, my major project for the year, but get ahold of me quickly... I'm headed back east in March. To much to do there to finish the book. Right now I now have 3 M1As to work on back there, one's going into a McMillan stock... and those are great. If I had bigger hands, I'd be using one on my rifle. And no, no need to use a BTP liner in it. I bed the action straight into the stock with either STEEL-BED or ACRAGLAS. Did my first in 78 or 79. PS, I am just south of LA.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Welcome Aboard!

Worthan's Gun Works in Camarillo did some work for me on my 1911, and when I went to pick it he had a few long gun on his work bench.

If you want his cell number PM me.

Semper Fi
I don't know if he's still around, but Jim Hoag does some fine 1911 work, all except trigger jobs. All my 1911's (mainly 70 series) had the trigger job done by another friend of mine. HE won't do checkering and all my 1911's are checkered. I still use the old IPSC style tuned .45's. I do my own rifles... I just get frustrated working on .45's chuckle. Nope, I won't do checkering either. GI2

One thing is interesting, when I get back east, I have a pre-64 Winchester waiting for me once the M1As are done, he wants a cheek pad added and sent me a picture of the Canadian version. I hated it and he can't envision what I have in store for him. It'll be NICE. I enjoy wood working as a way to let off steam. At the moment, I've salvaged one of the worst M14 surplus stocks I've ever seen. It's come up nicely. I'll through it away when I'm done because of some of it's flaws (it's way to thin) and at one point I know someone mounted rifle grenade sights to it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
There is a gunsmith right in Ventura that can do a build.

griswoldbrosgunsmithing.com/

I am having LRB do my build from s cmp kit with a m-25.

Joe

Ojai
Want an M25, go to McMillan online and take a look at the M1A model stock. Close as you can come to a fine glass stock for that one and they'll take Bipod mounted on the fore stock. I've used them off and on for years.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Dave Ransberger of Cal Customs in Fallbrook, CA would probably be able to accommodate you. A little bit of a drive from where you are, but he does good work. I was at his shop not too long ago to have him make some tweaks on my rifle, great guy to talk to and he knows his stuff. 760-728-5230.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts

I've been building M1As since 75. In SoCal you can't use the USGI flash suppressor, nor can you use the 20 magazines. Hell, in 75 I had to hand make a Action wrench and barrel vise. Easy to get those these days. Where are you? *IF* you hold off to mid year, you'll see how to build these in print. Yep, my major project for the year, but get ahold of me quickly... I'm headed back east in March. To much to do there to finish the book. Right now I now have 3 M1As to work on back there, one's going into a McMillan stock... and those are great. If I had bigger hands, I'd be using one on my rifle. And no, no need to use a BTP liner in it. I bed the action straight into the stock with either STEEL-BED or ACRAGLAS. Did my first in 78 or 79. PS, I am just south of LA.
I would like you to build my rifle, please send me your name and shipping address. USNA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.