M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a few havu built m1a and variant rifles here but has anyone compiled a "parts list" of parts needed to build one up. I want to collect the parts as I go along so some day I can build one. I alredy have a G.I. Op-rod, complete GI bolt and complete gi trigger group. but there are many other parts out there.

Thanks for the info guys,

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here is a list of dividual parts of the M14 rifle that I have compiled when I was doing my M1A build. Keep in mind that some only comes as a set.

M14 Parts list (excluding full auto components and rifle accessories):

• Bolt
• Bolt Components Set (extractor, extractor spring and plunger, firing pin and ejector)
• Bolt Stop
• Bolt Stop Spring
• Barrel
• Buttplate Assembly*
• Buttplate Screws
• Castle Nut (flash suppressor lock nut)
• Clip Guide
• Complete Trigger Group*
• Complete Rear Sight Assembly: Aperture/Cover/Elevation Knob/Windage Knob/Rearight Base.
• Flash Suppressor (with front sight, front sight screw, flash suppressor set screw)
• Front Band
• Front Stock Ferrule
• Front Swivel Rivets(2)
• Front/Rear Sling Swivel
• Gas Cylinder
• Gas Cylinder Lock
• Gas Cylinder Plug
• Gas Piston
• Handguard Clip
• Operating Rod
• Operating Rod Guide
• Spindle Valve
• Spindle Valve Spring
• Spindle Valve Pin
• Stock Liner
• Stock Liner Screws (2)
• Stock/Handgaurd
• Roll pin set
• Recoil Guide Rod
• Recoil Spring

*can be further broken down to individual parts

If there are any parts that I've missed please add to it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
When I built mine, I really didn't know what I was doing. I went to Chestnut Ridge Supply (I'm sure you can get one from other sources) website and printed a copy of the parts diagram breakdown. As I would get a part, I would mark it w/ Hiliter, showing what I had and what I still needed. It also helped me understand how the parts all went together. Good Luck, Taz

·
Registered
170 Posts
if you are assembling a kit, get a stock from fred's, it comes with all the metal, i.e. front sling swivel
buttplate and stock liner, all installed. imho its the only way to go.

btw darkest, you missed the connector lock.

·
Registered
90 Posts
taz7nads said:
I went to Chestnut Ridge Supply (I'm sure you can get one from other sources) website and printed a copy of the parts diagram breakdown. As I would get a part, I would mark it w/ Hiliter, showing what I had and what I still needed. It also helped me understand how the parts all went together.
I did that at first, but I later found out that it's still not the most convenient way because the diagram lists a lot of parts as an "assembly" when in reality, parts had to be purchased individually (such as bolt, trigger group, etc..). Maybe I'm just anal :lol:

·
Registered
170 Posts
darkest2000 said:
delloro said:
btw darkest, you missed the connector lock.
Is that the part that secures the recoil spring guide rod in place? I never knew what that part is called :?
that's it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.