M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
I have one, I like it, it is a good tool, but a bit expensive and you can do without it.

By the way, it is a very good company, they give first rate service, and it is all American made.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
absolutely worth every penny!

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I want to aquire the tools i need to work on this rifle- but this tool is quite expensive. Id like to get the wrenches, broken shell extractor, headspace guage and other misc items without breaking the bank. Do they make inexpensive kits for this?

Im finding more and more, that although people in my immediate circle are interested and own M1As, nobody knows how to work on them. I want to learn, so I can work on mine, and help others do the same. All in keeping good tradition alive GI6

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
By the time you buy all the tools that the BAD 1 accomplishes you will be darn near the cost of the tool. Not to mention that the kit is self contained and you would be supporting a warm blooded American company. The whole kit is US by goodness American made from start to finish.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
You can spread the cost over time vs. plunking it all down at once if you buy the tools separately. I personally find myself grabbing the individual tools instead of the BAD T1 since it's easier for me to grab a tool that's purpose built and ready rather than changing configurations 10 times. Also the BAD T1 doesn't cover everything I need.

My main tools:

Sadlak aluminum GC wrench
Sadlak piston clean out drill set
Combo tool (I removed the flip out section for the cleaning rod)
Otis cleaning kit
6-point wrench (for gas plug)
Badger Ordnance bolt roller greaser

This all cost me about $150 and allows me to do the fundamental cleaning and service operations.

Additional tools I rarely use:

BAD T1
SA Inc. muzzle device alignment gauge
Punch set
Hand guard clip pliers
30-06 case
M10 combo tool
Castle nut pliers
Allen wrench set

These cost me about $350 and rarely see the light of day since they're more for tearing down and gauging the rifle which I don't do very much.

I added the BAD T1 to my tools thinking I'd replace some of my kit... didn't happen. Not that it isn't a good tool, I just don't have a need for about 80% of the functions... Also on their tool/function list I think it's kind of hokey that they list some of the functions twice and some of the comparative prices must include shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts