M14 Forum banner

M14 in Haiti

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  wdigeorge 
#1 ·
Watching CNN and a story on unrest in Haiti, video showed people milling about and a quite happy man with an M14 jog by.

#8 ·
Maybe our govt gave them such a fine rifle hoping they would exterminate each other. ???
Anyway what is a gun owner like you watching CNN (communist national network) for? You could get more of the truth from Fox news. I spotted a M-1 garand on fox this morning in Haiti too. That was pretty cool.

#14 ·
Yesterday I saw a picture on the Chinese newspaper "World Journal", it showed the leader of opposite power of Haiti shoot an M16-like rifle. My God, I am sure it is a "type 65 rifle" from Taiwan!

That rifle has no carrying handle and the shape of front sight base is different to M16's. And the hand guard is in rectangular shape. How come the Taiwanese rifle appears in Haiti? :roll:

Maybe I will post the pic later.

#15 ·
Hey sv_sniper I know exactly what you are talking about, according to my source, a number of Type 65 rifles were given by the Taiwanese govn't to aid their third world allied nations during the 80s. Perhaps that's how they ended up in Haiti :roll: I was kind of surprised too when I saw pictures of those rifles.

#17 ·
Hello Darkest2000, thank you very much! Those are the pictures I mentioned about. That's so sweet!
By the way, I heard that all type-65 rifles have retired from Taiwanese Military for many years already. Looks like these vet. rifles have found another battle field! :wink:

#18 ·
Yeup the Type 65s are obsolete for the Taiwanese military, I think now they use the Type 65K2, it's basically a improved version of the type 65, and thank god it has a carrying handle... :lol:

As for the special forces/marines they use XT86, kinda like the Taiwanese version of the M4A1 I guess. Looks pretty cool. I wonder how those shoot compared to the US M16s.

Click here for more info http://securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/1500/1576.htm

*sorry to hijack the thread*

#19 ·
I read where the Marines are going to be deployed to Haiti. Wow. What's going on there this time? It's not enough that we've got troops in Iraq fighting a war, so now the government is shipping them to Haiti as well?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.