M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I need some advice and suggestions.

I picked up an M14 E2 stock that is missing the folder and the front grip.

I've read thru the forum, read thru Lee Emerson's book (that's one detailed book), and have gone thru GB and Ebay scouring for parts.

I am not interested in trying to be original; it'll be a SOCOM16 in there, and I'm not trying to fool anybody.

Folder: holes on sides are an inch apart. holes on back are 3/4 inch. Cavity is 1 1/2 inches. Are there any folders that'll fit this cavity? I do not want to cut it. I haven't seen photos of the Reese folders removed to see how it attaches to the stock. But it doesn't look compatible.

Front grip: I've seen the Treeline rail, but was hoping to find a reproduction item that works and ain't too expensive. I just don't want to pay $350 for a front grip when the damn stock only cost me $30. And it'll have to work, cause if I can't find a folder, I'll be holding on for dear life.

I anyone knows how to reach him, please let me know. I'd be happy to offer my contact info to pass on to him.

So let me have it.....good advice, that is.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm. a paragraph about trying to reach a Joseph Scott in Houston is missing from the original posting.

That's where the "I anyone knows how to reach him, please let me know. I'd be happy to offer my contact info to pass on to him." came in.

The moral of the story is that I saw he had reproduction parts and I've been trying to reach him without success. The Johnson automatic forum appears to not be open to new
members so I see him posting, but cannot send him a message. E-mail listed on another site is "undeliverable".

If anyone knows how to reach him, or anyone else with reproduction parts, I am interested.

Thanks again -

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. I appreciate the information. Payday is tomorrow. Gotta put it to good use.

I've been chasing my tail on internet leads. I saw info on a place called Sledgehammer Arms Works in Mansfield, TX- about 20-30 minutes away. Called Randy....and he's been out of business there for some time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info on the Want to Buy posting.

My largest concern is figuring out what folder will fit this piece of wood.

I saw this one listed (got beat in auction). Not sure name/manufacturer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.