M14 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
I just finished watching all four parts, and again it was very interesting and informative.
I really like the 'Chambermaid' tip. I never could get the GI brush to work; the one I have fit so tight that I couldn't get it to turn and barely got it out!

I gather this rifle is bedded and used for competition, hence the cleaning without field-stripping--as well as the grease under the ferrule. That was new to me!! In the Corps, we were taught to use grease (Lubriplate) sparingly on the bolt lugs and roller, presumably because excess grease would be a crud magnet in the field. Oil was for the rest, as well as rust prevention.

Thanks again!!

·
Super Moderator
11,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Perfect timing. I have not stripped and cleaned mine yet. It's a NM which I have kept clean but w/o a take down. Hope you have mentioned the bedding. If not, any hints?
Thanks TonyBen
You can take down your NM rifle for an initial cleaning. After that, once a year or after every 1500 rounds is a good routine to keep unless your rifle was exposed to rain/fog/mud.

Tony.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Tony a big thanks to you. I'm new to the M14 and with your videos it's been a breeze. Keep up the great work. Your Canadian friend
PitBull1973

·
Super Moderator
11,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Tony a big thanks to you. I'm new to the M14 and with your videos it's been a breeze. Keep up the great work. Your Canadian friend
PitBull1973
Thanks and you're welcome! Welcome to this side of the street!

Tony.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Outstanding Tonyben, I have not cleaned an M14 since '71 right before I was discharged from the Crotch. Forgot so much but you brought it back for me and more. Still waiting for my Rockola to arrive but am now prepared!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Tony, thanks for the great videos! They're a real help, Basic was 50yrs ago!
When I was a kid I was deep into slot cars! We had a number of commercial tracks around the metro PDX area. If I wasn't in school I was building, modifying, hopping up and racing the darned things! Great fun!

Reactions: tonyben

·
Super Moderator
11,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Thanks for the support, folks! Just a head's up; These videos will be re-filmed in HD once I have a full Bula build done. Should be done in the coming months. I'm just holding out so I can showcase a new rifle.

Tony.

·
Premium Member
15,262 Posts
Good going Tony.
I have a couple of Bula receivers and parts inbound too.
If they work out half as nice as the last two from them I will again be a happy camper.
Jeff and Bula Defense are top shelf.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Tony, videos are awesome. I need to go back and re-watch the one where you show how to align the sight drum after re-assembly.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts