M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks,

I was very excited to receive this SHG and install it; it's very well made. However, I'm having trouble with the rear strap (that has the small steel block & 3 longer screws). The instructions say to gently thread the middle of the 3 longer screws into the block, but when you do that the block rotates as well. In addition, the 3 holes on the strap aren't threaded on that side, so I'm not sure how the block is supposed to help?

Also, the shape of the front band (circular) and the shape of the front end of the SHG (trapezoidal) don't fit together. Am I supposed to take the front band off completely? Or is the front end of the SHG just supposed to sit up against the front band?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This damn rifle has given me nothing but trouble.

Office ruler Gas Cylinder Ruler Auto part

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
I can't understand what is going on with that second picture. It looks like some odd photo edit or something.

Oh, is that the operating rod on top? Maybe remove that to simplify things.

It has been too long to remember installing that handguard. I would contact H2O Man and ask for some illustrations or something.

TonyBen might remember. Heck, he might even have a video.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bottom picture is a top down shot of the rear strap (steel block is on the right, underneath the strap. Note that there are no threads on the strap holes on the right, but there are threads on the ones on the left).

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Lazerus2000 on this forum would sure know, as he designed it. I don't have his contact information beyond that.

All I can remember is that it wasn't rocket science, and made sense at the time, but I might have had augmenting pictures from H2O man, who I think is now banned...

I'll dig around on my computer's e-mail and see if I can find info for you....

I do remember that my USGI contoured barrel differed a little from the contour the rail was cut for, and I had to put a few layers of aluminum tape to be able to clamp it down without bending the handguard/rail...

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
This is TonyBen's video, part 2, which includes the SHG...

TonyBen's SHG Installation

If you have further questions, I would contact Kevin (H2O Man),the U.S. Distributor ( I think still).

He lists his e-mail on his site, so to save you some scrolling...

It is on the bottom right of the web page. I don't put e-mails in posts directly because some day he may not want it listed for the reasons of spam bots.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.