M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to M14, still learing. In process of building up an M14 from CMP kit. Need a bolt. I see several people make forged bolts to USGI spec, and of course there seem to be used USGI, and a few new on gun broker and such. What is the feeling of the experts here regards, a new LRB bolt, a NOS USGI bolt, or a used USGI bolt? Realizing of course that a new NOS USGI bolt costs near double the LRB bolt. Interested in any opinions on this, and any ideas on where to get USGI bolts besided Gun broker?

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
I have no 1st hand Experience with LRB bolts, So far all reviews here and Elsewhere have been very Good.
In fact I ordered 1 with the M25 Receiver

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I think the consensus is that the LRB bolts are a good low cost alternative to a USGI bolt. TRW bolts bring a premium despite probably being the most common USGI bolt on the market. Used bolts are fine as long as you learn what to look for. Look for overall condition. Finish wear should probably be the last thing you look at. Look for cracks , signs of pitting, check the firing pin hole and make sure its evenly round, and check the bolt face for uneven wear. The PX here is a great spot to pick up deals. You just have to be quick on the trigger if you see something you want. I'm not even going to get into repurposed drill rifle bolts. Do a search and you can make up your own mind on them. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have an LRB Bolt in my Rifle. It's an LRB Rifle built by them and so far 300+ rounds excellent performance!!!

·
Premium Member
20,840 Posts
I have a couple of M14 type rifles with LRB bolts. They function perfectly. Other after market bolts have all had their problems. From my understanding LRB have been good to go from day one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.