M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing is crazy solid. I love it. Fits perfect on the Walnut and works just fine with my Stainless NM unit.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Interesting. Who makes that? Looks like it has a special front band? What do you need that much rail for?Light? It looks like the scope is pretty high, plenty of clearence for ejection?
Looks cool to me!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Yea... I like it too. Does sit up ever bit 1/2" more than I'm looking for but it does look solid. Interested to see if it's a Troy battlerail clone. If you had night scope capability you could use all that rail. Be good for the coyote chase team, huh.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Looks to be the Troy battle rail. Too bad it makes your front sight useless, guess you could go get a DC Vortex or DC compensator.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I've already got a 1.25" cheek rest on my rifle, and my scope sits at least an inch lower than the one in the photos. I can't see the Battle Rail working out for me.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
I've already got a 1.25" cheek rest on my rifle, and my scope sits at least an inch lower than the one in the photos. I can't see the Battle Rail working out for me.
You're just not thinking outside the box enough LC... Go to the salvation army or good will, pick up some floral pattern couch cushion, set it on edge atop your stock's comb and duct tape the snot out of it. That should get you enough height for it.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
You're just not thinking outside the box enough LC... Go to the salvation army or good will, pick up some floral pattern couch cushion, set it on edge atop your stock's comb and duct tape the snot out of it. That should get you enough height for it.
Then mail order some brass coils from the Kayan Lawhi to get my neck long enough to keep my shoulder in the buttstock.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts

Then mail order some brass coils from the Kayan Lawhi to get my neck long enough to keep my shoulder in the buttstock.

Thanks for the great image in my mind! P_G

Nice rifle, but I do not think the rail is practical for my tastes.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
The Troy battle rail is a good idea but you're pretty much stuck running their chassis to make it viable since it sits so high. The SA Inc. extended cluster rail would be perfect if it extended further back past the clip guide. Regardless I can't use either with my M25 setup.

What cheek riser do you plan to run with your setup? I'd hate to drill holes in the stock but you may want to look at the DWP riser since it seems more solid than all the other options I've seen (usually foam filled).

LC, now if you really want to go for the gold... run that rail with an ACOG on top. You're rifle might be 2 feet tall but you'll be the envy of all the ACOG/M14 fanbois.

I bet this guy would love that setup...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Would this fit with a JAE stock underneath?? Or not?? What other options do you have for a full length rail with a JAE stock, anyone know??

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Would this fit with a JAE stock underneath?? Or not?? What other options do you have for a full length rail with a JAE stock, anyone know??
SA Inc. extended cluster rail, only available from them and only they install them. You may get lucky and find one for sale somewhere.

The Troy might work with the JAE but I really don't know.

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
I bet this guy would love that setup...

You killin me man,....you killin me....DI2

You know, I might even think about something like this if I could match the walnut wood stock color and have it painted to match.....it would look almost like a Garand with sharks teeth then.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
You killin me man,....you killin me....DI2

You know, I might even think about something like this if I could match the walnut wood stock color and have it painted to match.....it would look almost like a Garand with sharks teeth then.
Check out hydrographic coating, they have some amazing stuff and could probably get close to matching the wood grain and colour.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Check out hydrographic coating, they have some amazing stuff and could probably get close to matching the wood grain and colour.
The Troy Battle Rail is available in a color called Dark Earth also if you do not like black.

Thanks for the suggestions on a cheek piece. I have the SA leather one but have not reinstalled the thing as yet.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts