M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a AN PVS-2 scope mount still in the wrapper with the only marking being SSC607130 and 80063. Is this for the M14 rifle? I assume the 80063 may be a cage code or fscm number. I have an AN PVS-2 Scope and mount for my Colt SP1 but would like to use it on my M1A as well. I don't really want to open the package if is not for the M14 and use it for "horse trading" for other parts. Thanks

·
Registered
467 Posts
The from-the-arms room AN/PVS-2 mount that I once had for my M-21 had a single mounting screw that would engage in the receiver hole, with the three receiver-engaging splines.

One distinctive feature of that mount... it didn't have a knurled thumb screw. Instead, it had a hex-key button headed machine screw that was on a captured-screw arrangement so that it wouldn't get lost.

On the north end of the mount, where the night sight would be, there should be one or two short steel studs for alignment and travel limitation.

Too bad the wrapper is unbroken.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I may just have to break the package open to see what I have, problem is the way it is wrapped you can't really tell it's shape. I know that mounts were made for M14s, M16s,M60s, M67s, and M2s. I know if it is not an M14 mount it would have been more valuable unwrapped. Well, thanks anyway.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I opened the package and was happy to find that it was an M14 mount. It is exactly like the description B 2/75 provided. I mounted it on my M1A, and it also has the SSC607130 on it. Which I assume is the part number. I ran the 80063 through Haystack and came up with:
US ARMY COMMUNICATIONS AND
ELECTRONICS MATERIAL READINESS COMMAND
FT. MONMOUTH, NJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts