M14 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
One of the worst movies I've ever seen...
Horrible dialogue. Horrible continuity.... Formulaic garbage.
Even the monsters were ill thought out....
How do you have a water buffalo that is 10 times the size of a normal one, then a spider that is 1,000,000,000 the size of a normal one occupying the same eco-system? Huh?
After the first chopper was swatted, wouldn't an experience chopper pilot gain altitude so he wasn't swatted?

Oh... an queue the "Credence Clearwater Revival".... Jeez...

·
Administrator
17,193 Posts
Do you see it all?

Did anyone else but me watch the entire movie to the very end. The movie starts up again after all the credits had ran through like the Marvel movies do, with four more minutes of the ending and future endeavors of the Monarch Team. Noted future players in the series...

* Godzilla
* Mothra
* Rodan
* Manda
* etc...

GI5

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Really? No I did not see that, I will have to go back and watch the end again and wait for the credits!

Thanks

Did anyone else but me watch the entire movie to the very end. The movie starts up again after all the credits had ran through like the Marvel movies do, with four more minutes of the ending and future endeavors of the Monarch Team. Noted future players in the series...

* Godzilla
* Mothra
* Rodan
* Manda
* etc...

GI5

·
Administrator
17,193 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,244 Posts
Watched it twice so far. Still looking for something that I could recommend to someone else. Noise, movement , that's about it.
Realism comes in at a zero, but that's entertainment today.
I agree that Kong, the natives and the old WWII pilot made it watchable.
I thought Jackson made a horrible leader of anything.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
My wife is a big King Kong fan, so despite my abhoring anything the slightly less than talented samuel L. jackass is in,
we saw Kong: Skull Island last night.
The WW2 pilot , the M14 , Kong , the outspoken natives and the big skull crusher put in truly inspired performances ,
especially compared to one dimensional samuel L jackass and the remainder of the human cast.
I didn't even feel anything for the female lead , supposedly a Viet Nam Era antiwar photographer,
she was just a little too young and just a little too pretty for the cynical war weary journalist she was attempting to play.
Kong ,the WW2 pilot and the natives were the only believable characters I could sympathize with ,
and of course the skull crushers.
Ray
Don't hold back tell us how you really feel! GI3
LMHO!

PS I almost forgot John Goodman makes a pretty good Hors Doeuvre in one scene.
Don't waste your money on this turd unless it makes Mama happy

Ray don't hold back tell us how you really feel! GI3
LMHO!

Reactions: ray55classic
21 - 31 of 31 Posts