M14 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having a personal pity party the other day (you know, no one else invited) because I don't get the trigger time I would love to have, . . . mostly because of $$$$$ or should I say the lack thereof.

My bright idea was to rig up something similar in weight, size, etc that would use the sights, stock, and trigger group from our M14/M1A, . . . but chuck .22 rounds down range.

Is there anything out there on the market? Anyone tried it? Can you get a barrelled action for a .22 that would set in there?

Just trying to see the options.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
985 Posts

It's a 10/22 in an M-14 stock. There's an old thread around here somewhere about it.

Made it myself. It's not pretty but it works for me.
I built it for shooting an Appleseed event.

I also call it a M-14/22.
pg
USA2

Reactions: budster

·
Registered
409 Posts
Thats freaking sweet. I just found a new project.

Thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like I gotta go get some pricing on components, . . . like a 10/22 to start with.

Thanks, polygunner.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Reactions: jmoore

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
M1A96819, . . . woo-hooooo, . . . you have restored my faith in the creativity of mankind.

Now I almost have enough of a reason to justify taking my wife to Hawaii, . . . just gotta get the funds together.

Seriously, thanks for the links. That is the ultimate goal, gonna have to do some more researching, . . . but at least now I know that it is not beyond the reach of us mere mortals.

Thanks again.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
"Brothers In Arms"

You see.....................what I told ya.GI2

Your very much welcome dwight55.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Had a similar thought...

Struggled with inletting the action and getting it so that the take down screw would be solid.....

I am in the middle of trying to make it work out.... any suggestion or info would be helpful

still looking for polygunners thread

Thanks for any and all help!!!!

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
6,841 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You could allways get a Ruger Mini 14 and get a Ciener conversion kit, at least it would look sort off like a M14...
http://www.22lrconversions.com/mini-pg.htm
I want to get one for mine.

Casey
WHOA THERE CASEY !!!! Now I may not have the latest information, . . . but not too long ago, . . . Ciener was (from what I heard) raided by gun totin' Feds, . . . and the business basically padlocked.

PLEASE check it out before you send any cash, . . . you may be a long time getting a return on that investment.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
1. Remove your magazine and bolt
2. Locate your favorite .22LR pistol
3. Insert pistol into magazine well
4. Enjoy your new .22 M14 GI5

DISCLAIMER: You know I'm pulling your leg...

·
Registered
836 Posts

It's a 10/22 in an M-14 stock. There's an old thread around here somewhere about it.

Made it myself. It's not pretty but it works for me.
I built it for shooting an Appleseed event.

I also call it a M-14/22.
pg
USA2
I did something similar myself. Like you said, not pretty (although it's starting to look better and better to me) but it works well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts