M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was testing my 168 grain load in my M1 Grand at 300 yards and got my zero. Looks like one or two clicks left ought to do it. Elevation seems to be spot-on. I've got a hooded NM rear sight but a standard front sight.

I'll load up some more and try again on my next trip.

Tony.

·
Super Moderator
11,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't tell you. I shot all 8 shots at once and didn't find out my score until I went downrange. My spotting scope isn't that good and I could only make out a couple of shots after I was finished. I didn't actually see how I scored or where I was actually hitting until I drove down to the pits and saw for myself.

With the flyer, the spread on the group is 10"" which is 3.18 MOA. If I discount the flyer, the other seven shots are in a 6.6" group which is 2.1 MOA.

I also shot this from a cold bore. No sighters.

Tony.

·
Super Moderator
11,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took it out again today and only had time to run 1 clip through it. I had one misfire (primer didn't go off), so only 7 shots in this string. It was miserable weather today and it was very soggy out. Still, I managed a 8.25" 7-shot group at 300 for 2.62 MOA. I put 1 click on it for next time. I still need to put 1 click right on it and hopefully next time out I'll have a bunch in the center.

Tony.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm still kicking myself for getting rid of my 1953 International Harvester! One hell of a shooter! This was over 10 year's ago. I love a M1 Garand of any era!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts