M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Great pic. I remember last time in L.A. and the Korean businesses seemed to be the only ones not burning. Good for them for standing up. We need a hell of a lot more doing the same.

What’s everyone’s primary weapon of choice in such a situation on a roof in defense of family and property? Me, I’ll likely grab my Colt AR HBAR and the wife already said she’ll be going for her S&W MP15 with Aimpoint. She loves the red dot and shoots it very well. 5.56 and a lot of it is sufficient to for such ranges.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
It's funny. About a year ago, the L.A. Times ran an article about how the L.A. riots in the early 90's was a thing of the past. The paper said that Koreans were one of them (whoever them is), and they saw eye-to-eye with other minorities, etc., yada-yada..... I read it and said to myself, we'll see when the next one hits, if the Koreans join in burning their own businesses and neighborhoods down. Something told me they won't. I worked in a lgs in the late '70s when the Asian immigrants were first coming in-masse. The first thing they did was buy a handgun!!! -Lloyd BEERCHUG1

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"OLD SALT"- What’s everyone’s primary weapon of choice in such a situation on a roof in defense of family and property? Me, I’ll likely grab my Colt AR HBAR and the wife already said she’ll be going for her S&W MP15 with Aimpoint. She loves the red dot and shoots it very well. 5.56 and a lot of it is sufficient to for such ranges.

I will probably grab my Colt 6920 and my wife her little M1 Carbine, loaded with 110 gr RNSP. She can handle the carbine proficiently over the "AR" type platform. I also like the idea of my little Brigade Manufacturing BM9, which is a 9mm platform, 9' barrel with retractable brace, Streamlight TLR HL and a Vortec Sparc AR taking standard Glock 9mm magazines.....

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I had a "BAR" I would agree....setting up a post and guarding it with that weapon would do nicely.

IDK, I have so many choices but realistically, something lightweight, carry a decent combat load, LW gear and IFAK.....may have to move to various locations or worse, EVAC.

That's one ting about "scenarios"...you never know which direction they will turn.

·
Registered
582 Posts
If I had a "BAR" I would agree....setting up a post and guarding it with that weapon would do nicely.

IDK, I have so many choices but realistically, something lightweight, carry a decent combat load, LW gear and IFAK.....may have to move to various locations or worse, EVAC.

That's one ting about "scenarios"...you never know which direction they will turn.
If I went a little smaller I'm going to have to stick with the M14 variant. There is a reason I am on this forum DI5

·
Forum Jester
6,918 Posts
i have that in full auto,also. but,the bar has it's own sound when fired in full auto. more controllable.

Reactions: Tommy1121

·
Forum Jester
6,918 Posts
put an aac can on it

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I was a member of a FB group called "WWI and WW2 military surplus weapons"
Someone posted a similar thread theme...what surplus weapon would you choose in a riot situation? The thread lasted about 3 hrs and was deleted?? I posted that the FB Nazis were censoring free speech that didn't agree with them. I guess the FB non-violent snowflakes got upset and kicked me out of their group. The world gets softer every day.

PS I picked a WW2 M2 flame thrower!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
POLACK,

I have a new cheap Rebel SOS Hunter I could use on it. It's being used on my Mossberg .308 Patrol Rifle with good results.....it's a cheap can, but it does the job quite well with 200 gr subs....

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Someone posted a similar thread theme...what surplus weapon would you choose in a riot situation? The thread lasted about 3 hrs and was deleted?? I posted that the FB Nazis were censoring free speech that didn't agree with them. I guess the FB non-violent snowflakes got upset and kicked me out of their group. The world gets softer every day.

I would've picked an M4 Sherman Zippo tank, but that's just me . . . -Lloyd BEERCHUG1

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Not a bad choice given the limitations imposed by assault weapon laws.
True, though if you're willing to make your rifle look silly enough to be 'featureless', then you can run an AR-platform as you like, and still be just as legal, which kind of brings up the issue of the stupidity of the law, though if pointed out, the next step will just be, sooner, "REALLY? JUST BAN THAT TOO!"

·
Registered
8,635 Posts

Ha! I belonged to a Chevy Truck forum a while back. Once after a "Show Me Your Tool Boxes" thread I got thrown off. Never found out if it was my Mississippi State Flag sticker or my Ted Nugent For Prez bumper sticker that did it...USN2

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Great pic. I remember last time in L.A. and the Korean businesses seemed to be the only ones not burning. Good for them for standing up. We need a hell of a lot more doing the same.

What’s everyone’s primary weapon of choice in such a situation on a roof in defense of family and property? Me, I’ll likely grab my Colt AR HBAR and the wife already said she’ll be going for her S&W MP15 with Aimpoint. She loves the red dot and shoots it very well. 5.56 and a lot of it is sufficient to for such ranges.
Mine is a rack grade M1A. On my wall rack for quick acess

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The little M1 Carbine with 45 rounds of RNSP on the weapon platform ( 15 rnd mag and two others on the stock) weighs in at 7:8 3/4 lbs on my scale.....just under 8 lbs.

Now, my Colt 6920 with 30 rnd magpul mag, and Eotech 512 with a Streamlight TLR HL weighs in at 9:11 1/2 lbs on my scale.....just under 10 lbs.

Obviously, almost a 3 lb difference with an extra 15 rounds! That is a big advantage of the little M1 carbine, and with the RNSP ammo out to 100 yards, still delivers 900 ft lbs of energy.

I consider the M1 Carbine a .357 magnum on steroids out to 100 yards....it works.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts