M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Any tips on how to obtain a filler plug?
I do not have the original filler, but I've done two different ways to fill the void. My first attempt for one of the rifles I took the hinge portion of a ChiCom buttplate and the other one, currently what I use in my match prepped M1As, is using a rubber buttplate, cut it and trim the piece to fit.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Great ideas Bamban.

I have only done it on a fiberglass stock, but it would also work on wood. I just filled it in with epoxy.

Reactions: Tommo and Bamban

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Treeline should make some repro fillers like the old, and rare usgi fillers. Thanks for the tip Bamban. That will be close to the usgi rubber filler. That sounds dirty, I mean the filler block made out of rubber.
I have an aluminum usgi NOS experimental buttplate just waiting for the right stock for my T44E4 clone. I will likely have a stock custom made for it, but I am still keeping an eye out for a real one. Bamban has one, but I know better than to ask.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Hytekrednek or Bamban, any chance you could post a picture of the metal GI fillers? I've never seen one. Does it look like something that could be easily reproduced?

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts