M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are bead blasted, new standard GI profile 24" 1 turn in twelve. Don't have many, wound up with them primarily by mistake.

Long story! Wilson Arms, no longer made. I have pretty much the "world supply", which still isn't many. Seems to be a total of five!!

Anyway, these are fine, fine shooters with 150 grain bullets to about 165 and below, and last a long, long time with proper cleaning.

Flat priced at $180.00, and I'll ship out of that.

There MAY be some 1 turn in ten in here, and I suspect some rather unusual variations.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/16328739621/in/photostream

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Amazing barrels. My JCG Garand sports the 1:10 variety and it shoots. Top ten national score in 2010 with one of these tubes.

I cannot access your photos w/o a FLICKR account.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got out a lot of packages today, mostly via Priority Mail,
a couple Parcel Post, and tomorrow, two go out to Illinois destinations.

If you're waiting for a barrel and I've gotten paid,
it will be en route by tomorrow. And if you're not in Illinois, it's already en route.

Bear the freeze/thaw cycle in mind, and treat these with solvent on arrival,
in case of heavy condensation, please!!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will be handling some of the latest generation of Citadel's GI-format barrels. These are phosphated, and have been very good performers.

In particular, the concentricity and roundess are superb.

And the phosphate is VERY DARK, like the originals.

$162.00 each, shipped, in either caliber. Standard GI profile, short chambered.

These will outperform any GI barrel, even NM ones, from forty-five or more years ago.

And the right handguard glitch on the rail has been removed from this newest incarnation.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those of you who ordered these, please let me know of any shipping damage, delays, or so on.

Still have plenty of barrels.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Located my stainless .308 1 turn in 12". Very low on .30/06 Citadel. Only two 1 turn in 10" .30/06 Citadel remaining. LOTS of bead blasted .308 1 turn in 12" on hand. Plenty of Citadel .308. NOBODY doing Hi-Power competition is much interested in .30/06 any more. There are a couple of guys doing o.k. with the old cartridge, but the .308 is so much easier to load, and inherently more accurate, it's no contest. And the literature has said that for over fifty years. Of course, CMP JCG matches, where strictly enforced, do not allow the cartridge or most accuracy fits.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stock situation...

.30/06 Citadel (1 turn in 10") phosphated are not yet back in stock. 308 ARE!! Down to 2 remaining Wilson Arms 1 turn in 10" .308. Those are 4140 carbon steel.

Have stainless Wilson Arms .308 1 turn in 12" ITW satin polish. Same caliber, twist rate in 4140 also on hand (carbon steel .308).

Have 4140 Carbon steel 1 turn in 12" .30/06 ITW.

All are standard configuration/profile, and will fit without modifying handguards.

I am contemplating establishing a barrel change service. If interested, contact me. Would need stripped bolt/receiver. And price would be higher if also removing the OLD barrel. Haven't yet decided. Last time we did this, there was a lot of interest initially, then it just died.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

And if those for whom I have had barrels on "hold" have not got payment in my hands by this weekend, I shall sell all six remaining SOMEWHERE ELSE, to SOMEONE ELSE.

So contact me if interested.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
M1 barrels remaining, but CMP marked .30 are all sold/gone

The CMP-marked Wilson Arms barrels are now gone.

I do have 1 turn in 12" Wilson and 1 turn in 10" new, high quality Citadel units available.

Plenty of .308 1 turn in 12", and they're being rated very high by veteran shooters. Yes, they have won matches in the last few months!!

The Wilsons are in the white, bead blasted gray. I am thinking I will have some dark finished very soon.

If interested, please contact me.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As supplies dwindle, it becomes imperative to contact me in advance to make sure any particular version or manufacturer is available. I have plenty of 1 turn in 12" .308 Wilson Arms units, but everything else is in very short supply.

I will try to update as possible/necessary.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts