M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While perusing the CMP forum I found an ad for a M1 Garand Barreling Machine. These are valuable both as tools to work with and collectors items. The advertised price is about a third of it's actual value so a real steel!
The only problem is the machine is located somewhere near Chicago and the seller doesn't want to ship it. That's understandable since they weigh about 200 pounds. I'd make an inquiry, but I already have one that was a steel for $1500. Check it out. It looks to be in great condition.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I bought my M14 barreling fixture from him. He is a great seller and I agree at that price it is a steal. Unfortunately, I’m not sure when I would be back in that area. Thankfully I already have an M1 fixture, but it’s not as nice as that one!

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Phil, did you buy it? It’s probably the nicest M1 fixture that I have seen. That dried grease should clean off and it will look new.
No, me and Tony were looking and talking and as I was checking it out the sold pending pickup popped up.

Reactions: MeatyMac

·
Registered
7,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do use it. I'm fortunate to have both the M1 fixture and the M14 fixture. The only issue is that they only work when installing standard barrels. Medium and heavy barrels can't be installed with these machines.

It also take a little OJT to get a feel for alignment. The index markings are not that that precise. Fortunately I have the government gages to check the installations. The best part of using these machines is that it makes a very fast installation. The down side is that they take up a lot of space in a small shop.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
That was a great price especially in the condition its in. That seller is always coming up with oddball armors tools etc. Wonder where he gets them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts