M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I recently purchased a Springfield M1-A #03736X it has an H&R barrel and op rod and a TRW trigger group.

My question is the bolt is marked

X

It also has the number 7145 electro scribed lengthwise on the top of the bolt
along with the hardness test prick punch mark. There are also four very small pin punch marks on top of the right locking lug in the shape of the letter L.

Thank's in advance for the information.

N K

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bolt info

I spoke to a nice lady @ Springfield today she told me my M1-A was sold as a receiver in Feb of 1986.

It took 26 years to find a permanent home :)

I do have one more bit of info to share, the receiver is also electro engraved with the letters "A10" underneath beside the rollpin hole for the stripper clip guide. Anyone have any idea's on what that might mean.

Thanks again

NK

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hello all

I recently purchased a Springfield M1-A #03736X it has an H&R barrel and op rod and a TRW trigger group.

My question is the bolt is marked

X

It also has the number 7145 electro scribed lengthwise on the top of the bolt
along with the hardness test prick punch mark. There are also four very small pin punch marks on top of the right locking lug in the shape of the letter L.

Thank's in advance for the information.

N K
not knit picking or trying to argue but the punch mark on a GI bolt are not for hardness testing but are actually a proff mark from being proff fired

the rest of the info you've gotten is correct

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.