M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a 80% receiver from Randy Shivak so I thought I would post a few pics.

should work very nicely for my "Dummy" as soon as I get a few small parts that are needed and get the milling, drilling and tapping done.

I believe he has about 10 more so if anyone is interested, you can contact Randy @ [email protected]

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
Sounds intreiging, One might just look good hanging with my collection :p so where would one go to get the rest of the M79, like barrel and stock etc. This just might be a dummy question for a dummy M79 but what would need to be done to make the M79 a dummy and not a working, shooting version. wouldnt want to get the reciever and put all the goodies like barrel and stock on that reciever and end up in jail becaus instead of a dummy version it would end up being a working version :oops:

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The receiver would have some milling a drilling in order to install the trigger guard, trigger, latch and safety which will show from the outside. The other internal parts aren't necessary or reccomended for a dummy. Unfortunately, the parts are getting scarce as well as expensive. My project has been about two years in the making and I'm just closing in on getting my "Dummy" finished. Barrels turn up on the different auctions and gun boards occassionally, but again are expensive. Barrels run between $300 and $700 alone. J&T Distributing has a lot of the small parts, but not all. I'm actually having to make a couple of the parts in order to complete mine. I'll post some pics when i get mine done :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.